Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leeadaman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2006, 02:49 PM
    Lound noise in pickup
    I have a 2000 f-150 5.4 liter v8 and for the last month it has been making a loud noise like it has no muffler on it. This only happens when I am in drive and for about the 1st 30 seconds of it driving. It doesn't happen if I rev the engine in neutral. And it goes away and sounds all normal and performs normaly. Could anyone tell me what this could be?

Lee
    Blast Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2006, 08:23 PM
    You could possibly have exhaust manifold leak. The noise goes away after it warms up and the metal expands enough to seal it possibly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting Refrigerator into Pickup Truck [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a better way than brute force to get a refrigerator into and out of the bed of a pickup truck without using a forklift or similar mechanized equipment? (I'm aware of cautions elsewhere on this site about laying a refrigerator on its side.) Thanks!

Things wrong with my pickup [ 1 Answers ]

I have a chevy 4x4 1/2 ton it has a ow noise in the frontend when it in 4 wheel drive .It had the noise when I first got it then I lost the rearend so I changed both front and rearend .and it still has the noise.The only thing that I have not done is change the springs. I'm open to any suggetions.

Headlights 1992 Chevy Pickup [ 1 Answers ]

I need to change the low beams on my 1992 C150 Chevy pickup and for the life of me I can not see how to get at the beams. Anyone got an idea how I accomplish this? Thanks Super Dave

Gmc pickup [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 1982 gmc 1/2 ton pick up. The transision will not shift out of low gear. When you hit around 15 or 20mph and shout off the gas it is like it goes in to nuturl. Years ago when this hapend I changed the "vacum modulator" and I would be off again. I looked EVERY WARE on the...

View more questions Search