Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Desperate_HWife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 02:15 PM
    Kenmore washer smells like burnt rubber and won't spin
    I have a Kenmore heavyduty 80 series washer that will not do the spin cycle as of two days ago. I can still wash but it will drain leaving the clothes still wet. When it is supposed to be spinning I can hear the clicks and I can also hear the motor as if it should be spinning. The odd thing is I smell a burnt rubber smell while its washing especially during rinse and spin cycle. A few days ago I noticed small pieces of rusty metal or something like that appearing inside the washer. My Kenmore is very, very old. Has no serial numbers on it but on the inside lid it says Stylemaster 902202 sorry I know that's not enough. White body. Control panel is brown/black with silver knobs. I'm still trying to find out what model/serial number it is. But should I still wash even though I smell that rubber smell??
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 5, 2009, 04:51 AM
    The burning smell is the drive belt. The transmission is probably locked up from old age and this will cause the belt to smoke/burn since the motor is just spinning and the transmission is not moving. You could try to replace the belt BUT with a old Sears/kenmore/Whirlpool unit it is probably a bad transmission.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer won't spin [ 2 Answers ]

My Kenmore 80 series washer is not spinning. The water is draining but when the spin timer is on , it didn't work

Kenmore washer doesn't spin [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore washer that I purchased 9 years ago. It worked fine until last week. It can wash the clothes fine, however it does not spin anymore. How do I fix this problem. :mad:

Burnt Rubber Smell Bryant 90+ [ 1 Answers ]

I bought this Bryant 90+ with A/C, 2 years ago. It smelled like burnt rubber coming out of all the registers. It has a filter they said only needs to be changed once a year. I have been changing it every 6 months. I took the filter out and it looked good. Since I put the filter back, it has only...

Burning Rubber Smell Kenmore 90 Series Washer [ 1 Answers ]

A burning rubber smell is coming from the washer when it is running. This is the first time this washser has done this. Could it be a bad motor? How can I begin troubleshooting this? Specifically, it is a Kenmore 90 Series Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus Washer with Quiet Pack, whatever that is......

View more questions Search