Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gpcharnie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 09:18 AM
    Dryer no heat; Miele T1515
    I own a Miele Novotronic T1515 electric dryer. We bought this as a used set with our Miele washer but it never seemed to dry well. Had it serviced a long time ago (Miele didn't charge us) and nothing checked out as defective. The dryer doesn't seem to get hot (there is barely any sense of warmth at the vent discharge). Recently, as a test, we allowed the dryer to vent into our basement to dry three bath towels. I set the dry to 'cottons-extra dry' and it took over an hour to dry. The vent discharge flowed well but I barely sensed any warmth. I am not an appliance repair person but have repaired my own washers and dryers in the past. I can read wiring diagrams and have electrical testing equipment. I double checked the electrical voltage at the plug/receptacle and it checked fine (240/1/60). I understand that the dryer has thermostats and (maybe?? ) moisture sensors along with the heating element. Is testing the components similar to the standard American made dryers (if there is thermostat continuity; thermostat OK, if the heating element continuity is maybe 8 to 20 ohms; OK. No continuity, bad element ). There are also what I would call two (2) sliding shoes that ride on the drum while rotating. I assume that these pick up moisture (?? ) or is it intended to control static as the owners manual mentions not to use products like Cling Free. I assume that it is for the static. Is it just a matter of checking the thermostats, heating element and main fuse or do the Germans do things differently; they always seem to do. Thanks. Glenn
    svisca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 08:42 AM

I'm having the same issue with very little heat in the Miele T1515. Anyway have any suggestions? Thanks!
    gpcharnie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2010, 06:32 AM
    I've checked everything out and the dryer was fine (relays, heating element... ). If you find the wiring diagram inside the dryer, it would help. I'm not sure but I may have scanned it before I put it back in the machine after I was done. It is not intuitive as how to open up the machine if you need to. I'm on vacation now and don't have access to the info right now.

The technology with the Miele seems to be like old fashion BBQ; low and slow. The "half load/full load" button determines whether the heating element is on low or high. The easiest way to check this out is to put an ammeter around each power wire at the circuit breaker to measure the amps. Its 220 volts so you will have two wires to the breaker. Do each one separately, of course. If you don't have one, I suggest you buy one. I forget how many amps it should read but my recollection is about 7 to 8 amps for low and 10 to 11 for high. Believe me, this test would have saved me a lot of time to pull things apart and check separately. The money spent on a cheaper Sears meter is well worth it the aggrevation just to find out the dryer is fine! The Miele is just not like the typical American designed dryer which just heats the heck out of clothes. Let me know if this works for you. Don't go through my learning curve unless you have to. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dryer only works on low heat and not on high heat. [ 1 Answers ]

I have Whirlpool dryer model #TEDX640EQ1. The dryer does not produce any heat when on the high heat setting, but will get warm on the low heat setting. I need the high heat setting to work so that it doesn't take 2 cycles or more to properly dry my clothes. Anyone know what the problem could...

Dryer runs but no heat gas dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Sears gas dryer Model No 110.72602101 runs but will not heat. Igniter okay, gas inlet coils okay.

Amana Gas Dryer won't heat on heat cycle [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Amana gas dryer about 10 years old. The dryer will heat and the timer will advance on the timer cycle but it will not heat on the heat/more heat cycle. I have cleaned the lint vent entirely. I can see the ignitor get red hot and then ignites the gas on the timed setting. I am not sure...

View more questions Search