Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mizsparky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Funny smell when furnace runs
    I have a Goodman furnace and when it runs there is a strange smell that at times makes me sneeze and my nose dry and burning
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2008, 08:28 PM

What could it maybe smell like? Dirty socks maybe?, do you have a/c evaporater coil? Could be it needs cleaning,, the dry and burning nose could mean the air is to dry and you need a humidifier,, did you have the prob. In the summer? Or just during heating season
    mizsparky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 09:03 PM

Not a dirty sock smell.. more like the smell if you would sniff at the back of a dehumidifier. Not sure if the smell was also in the summer as we do not use the AC that much. The burning in the nose is directly related to the smell as that is the only time it happens. Not sure about that evaprorater coil. We do havethe Ac outside and attached to the furnace in the basement.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2008, 09:26 PM

I would get it checked out, sounds like a (have to be there situation) and hard to tell you something without being there.could possibly something pulled in by the ventilation system,, maybe a leak in evaporater coil

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

Furnace fan only runs for 30 seconds [ 5 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace in our home. Recently the furnace gas preheats and the fan comes on but only will run for 30 seconds, when the gas reignites the fan turns off. I changed the filter but that made no difference. I looked at the fuses and while looking discovered the that the hot and common wire...

Mildew smell from bathroom sink when water runs [ 1 Answers ]

Only happens in bathroom sink, not shower or kitchen sink. I turn on water, hot or cold and when I bend over to say, brush my teeth I get this mildew smell. Ive tried bleach, and liquid plumber down that drain but it did not help. Any Ideas on how I can stop this odor?

Funny Smell [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Any insight, advice etc most gratefully received. Had a gas leak 2 weeks ago and discovered an old pipe under the concrete floor in the kitchen (next to a redundant drain size pipe). Had the gas pipe fixed but left with 'diesel' type smell fume from the ? Old drain have had this sealed with...

My furnace runs all day [ 3 Answers ]

The burners fire for a minute or two at most then turn off for a minute or two. This repeats all day and it won't get above 64f in the house.

View more questions Search