Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quazycat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 09:19 AM
    Pilot light doesn't stay lit
    I have a 20 year old Heil forced hot air gas furnace which works great except for the fact that the pilot light intermittedly won't stay lit. Is this something I can fix myself? If I do have to call in a technician, about how much money are we talking about? I (like everybody these days) am hurting financially and unfortunately I live in an area where price gouging is common.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 9, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Exact model number of furnace?
    quazycat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 06:03 AM
    Nugg100df03 867.7610 33
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 12, 2008, 08:37 AM
    That is a thermocouple style gas valve system. I would replace the thermocouple which is next to the pilot lite and see if that helps. While you are taking it apart to replace the thermocouple I would also carefully clean out the pilot orifice also. If you can do this good deal. If you do not feel comfortable doing this call a professional for ON SITE service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pilot light won't stay on [ 12 Answers ]

I bought a Kenmore power miser gas water heater in May of 2002 The First 3 years and 8 month's I had the waterheater I did not have 1 problem. In January of 2006 the light went out and tried to light it. It stayed Lid until I released the button and it went out. I called sears Because it is...

Pilot light will not stay on [ 11 Answers ]

I have a very old Commonwealth Co. 16,800 BTU wall heater. I can light the pilot while holding the red knob (pilot light position), but the pilot will go out as soon as I release it (after holding it over the required time) and try to move it to the on position. Does this have something to do with...

Pilot light does not stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

My pilot light does not stay lit. I have to light it 2 or 3 times everyday. Is it the igniter or the thermocouple?

Pilot light will not stay on [ 3 Answers ]

I have base board heating and the piolot lite will not stay on. The gas comes out so I can lite the piolot, and I hold down the button for 1 to 2 minutes but it will not stay on. Can anyone help?

View more questions Search