Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Soluna Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2006, 05:54 PM
    Indicator lights on Hotpoint Range
    Hi,
    We picked up a used Hotpoint range the other day. After plugging it in we tested the oven and the burners. Everything seems to be working fine except for the indicator lights. When the oven dial is set to OFF, the oven indicator light turns on. When the dial is set to anything else (BAKE, TIME BAKE, etc.) the indicator light goes off. The indicator lights for the burners also don't seem to be working. The burners heat up but no indicator lights turn on. Any ideas? I'm wondering if there might be a problem with the wiring of the lights. The range doesn't look like it's been used much, if at all so I doubt it's a wear issue. Any thoughts would be helpful, thanks.
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

May 23, 2006, 06:55 PM
    It does sound like it could be a wiring problem, but it could also be a bad selector switch or thermostat as far as the oven indicator is concerned. Sometimes the oven selector switch turns on the light just to indicate the oven is on. Other times the light is supposed to cycle with the thermostat, indicating when the oven is actually heating. Different models do it different ways, and the only way I know is to follow the wiring diagram to see where the voltage to the light comes from. If the schematic isn't glued to the range somewhere, maybe you could scan it in so I can see it. The surface burner indicator(s) are separate. That depends on how many indicators you have and what kind of burners it has, e.g. glass top, standard coil, solid disc, etc. I may be able to find a schematic at my shop if you get me a model number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage Door open indicator [ 4 Answers ]

We have just moved into a new house with an attached garage. It’s been nice weather so we have been leaving the door open. However we have forgotten to close it when we go to bed at night. We live in a fairly safe neighborhood. We should just check to see if its closed each night but I thought...

How do I change the bearings on a hotpoint 9534? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi knowledgeable people! :) How do I change the bearings on a Hotpoint 1000 plus 9534 washing machine? I know it's an old model but I'm sure it still has some life in it yet! Does the drum have to come out and if so, how is that done? :confused: Any advice will be most appreciated! Thanks

Hotpoint gas dryer won't heat up! [ 2 Answers ]

undefinedundefined I replaced the igniter on my gas dryer as it was crumbling anyway. That was my first thought as to why my dryer may not be heating up. Guess what, that wasn't the problem. The dryer just quit heating all of the sudden and as I said I thought the igniter may be the problem. As we...

1995 Civic Headlight Indicator not working - help! [ 4 Answers ]

The little warning "ding" that occurs if I don't turn off my headlights is not working. I don't see in my manual how to fix this, or if it's even just a fuse. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you!

View more questions Search