Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bkmiller Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2006, 10:58 AM
    Kitchen Appliance Wiring
    I currently have two 10-3 leads running from two double pole 35 amp breakers in a Wadsworth 200 amp panel. One supplies the cooktop the other supplies the oven. I am going to replace the two units with a new single unit. The new unit requires a 40 amp breaker which I plan to install in place of one of the 35's. I can not run 8-3 wire from my panel to the location of the new unit. I want to know if I can safely connect the two 10-3's parallel in a junction box, then leave the junction box with 8-3 to the new range? I plan on soldering the 10-3 ends together to prevent the wires from separating. Will the doubled 10-3's carry the 40 amp service.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2006, 02:16 PM
    See https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=24909

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen appliance circuits [ 1 Answers ]

I know that 2 appliance circuits are required for the kitchen. Can these circuits also connect to other receptacles such as dining rooms and pantries? Thank you in advance

Kitchen Appliance Wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have two 10-3 leads running from two double pole 35 amp breakers in a Wadsworth 200 amp panel. One supplies the cooktop the other supplies the oven. I am going to replace the two units with a new single unit. The new unit requires a 40 amp breaker which I plan to install in place of one...

Kitchen Water [ 1 Answers ]

I have what could be two problems. 1. The water pressure/flow in our kitchen sink is slow. Water comes out better when we use the sprayer. 2. It takes a very long time for the hot water to get hot and the facuet has to be in the exact spot for it to get at least warm water. We do not have...

Venting the kitchen [ 2 Answers ]

Everything in my house is within 14ft (main bathroom, 1/2 bath and washing machine) of the main waste/vent stack except for the kitchen sink and dishwasher. If I'm correctly understanding the book I have we can use 2" wet and auxiliary venting to connect this group to the main stack. My main...

120v/208v single phase appliance wiring [ 2 Answers ]

Recently purchased a coffee machine that has the above reqts. I understand that it has 220 and 110v circuits that need power. I also purchased a generator to power this brewer outside. If I use a NEMA L14-30P plug, to connect into the generator, What is the sequence of wiring for the plug three...

View more questions Search