Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billcampos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 01:38 AM
    PVC Pipe Leakage, Furnace Fan Does Not Stop, Blower Fan Works for 5 MIN and stops
    1) I had water DRAINING from the furnace in the attic... it overflowed... the pan under furnace was beyond full.

2) I noticed leakage from one of the PVC pipes.

3) I simply replace the PVC pipe where water was leaking, but I forgot to put the PVC CEMENT.

4) I went to turn of the AC again... left if running for about 1 hour

5) I checked the leaking and it was leaking a little still, not much, although.

6) I decided to simply retighten the PVC connection and this time put the PVC CEMENT on the joints... not the male fitting---there I put the white tape.

7) While I was step 6, it seems like ALL HELL was breaking loose... the furnace seems to turn ON----I could see GLOWING LIGHT... the furnace FAN now it NEVER TURNS OFF...

8) also, now when I use the AC the BLOWER FAN works for about 5 minutes and then shuts off

9) I still hear and see the furnace Fan running like crazy... although.

10) when should the furnace fan STOP?

I am new to all this, and to the best of my knowledge, I see and hear a FAN which I call the FURANCE FAN but this is different than my interpretation of the BLOWER FAN.

HELP!

11) Is it possible all the WATER dripping from the TOP of the Furnace has shorted out many electrical components?

12) There is a power switch for what I call the Furnace Fan and when I turn that OFF, it does turn off manually, but then I cannot turn on the AC?

HERE IS AN UPDATE: THE FURNANC FAN JUST TURNED OFF AUTOMATICALLY!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 07:30 AM
    The overflow pan should have a water switch installed which will prevent the AC from operating when there is water in the pan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I stop leakage from shower drain after freplacing a rubber gasket? [ 11 Answers ]

How do I stop leakage from FIAT make shower drain attached to a 23-year old tiled shower after replacing a FIAT rubber gasket in the shower drain?

How to stop water leakage from a Bryant Gas Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

My Bryant Plus 90 gas furnace has water leaking from one of the pipes that is clamped tight . It is connected to the exterior. Is there any reason why would there be water in the pipe? If so, how do we stop the water from flowing into the furnace? Thank you for reading and would appreciate...

Blower stops works when I give it a push [ 8 Answers ]

My blower stops in my OLD carrier furnace with the air on. It will work again when I give it a push with my hand. And then lasts a few hours and then its back downstairs for another push. What can I do to fix this. I put a new main board in last year... thanks:)

Bryant furnace starts then stops [ 3 Answers ]

My Bryant forced hot air furnace gets the signal to ignite, the pilot light and then the furnace lights but it goes out in a few seconds. This will happen over and over and then occasionally it might stay lit and warm the house. Any ideas of what this could be and how to fix it. Much...

Air/Furnance Blower [ 1 Answers ]

Our air conditioning was working fine until last week. Now after it is on several hours the blower quits running. The air conditioner is still running. I shut the whole system off for an hour or so and the blower on the furnace comes back on. We had the relay switch replaced last winter when...

View more questions Search