Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwayne433 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Wiring a Dryer that has only 3 pronged plug
    How do you wire a dryer that has only a three prong plug to fit an outlet in an apartment with 4 prongs. I purchased a four pronged plug, but not sure how to wire it so that it works properly. Help!
    MommyLeah Posts: 47, Reputation: 3

May 6, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Inside the cabinet separate the ground wire from the neutral wire on the bus and wire the neutral to neutral on the plug and the ground to ground on the plug. The cabinet ground simply moves from the neutral to its own wire. If there is a green ground screw, you can connect both the wire inside the cabinet and the wire going out to the ground. However, check for a piece of metal that may serve as a jumper to the neutral wire. If it exists, it should be removed.

Dryer Circuit Wiring - show all Your answer is in the middle of the page. I don't think the picture is all that great but it was the only one I could find. And then you have another set of directions if mine doesn't make sense. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

12-3 wiring from gfi plug to outlet to plug in a 110v pool pump [ 5 Answers ]

Need to verify proper wiring for above 110v pool pump.

Wiring a GFIC Plug, [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering how to hook up a GFIC plug, and tie in a Roll max wire to another outlet. I am hooking up a pump, so I need a GFIC plug, and ran the Rollmax through PVC, then need to hook in to the carport plugs for power.. Any help with pictures would be appreciated. Hipppy ...

Wiring a thermostat to a 3 prong plug [ 5 Answers ]

Yes I am curious if it is possible to wire a thermostat. Where power could be supplied from a wall outlet through a 3 prong, and supply power through a seprate 3 prong. Thank you for any help Sam

4 prong plug for dryer - new dryer installation [ 3 Answers ]

We are installing a new dryer with a 220 volt 4 prong plug, old dryer had only 3 prongs How is the house wiring attached to new receptacle? cgfryar

Changing Plug on Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

I have a dryer plug that is four prongs and I was told that I can just get a different plug and change it to a three prong. (which I need to do if possible because of the hook ups I have in my apt.) I so how do I go about changing it? Which connection goes were? The four prong plug has four...

View more questions Search