Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    javaldez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Kenmore 80 series dryer starts with hum and then shuts off, why?
    My Dryer starts and runs for approximately 2-3 minutes, all-the-while making a humming noise that progressively gets louder which indicates that it will shut off soon. Where do I start troubleshooting?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Motor or drum is likely frozen. Use Parts & Accessories | Shop & Find Lawn & Garden, Appliance Parts at Sears Parts Direct | SearsPartsDirect.com from Sears and look up your model to get a diagram. From there you should be able to figure out what you have to remove to inspect the motor and belt. 1st check for free rotation and determine which part is stuck. If things turn free, then the motor might be suspect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Dryer 90 series [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I have little experience with trouble shooting appliances so my first question is going to be kind of silly to those that have even a little experience. I have a Kenmore 90 series @ 10 years old and it isn't heating. Everything else seems to be working properly. At first I assumed it...

GE Kenmore Dryer shuts off stops in the middle of cycle [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore GE Gas Dryer Model # 110.70932990 that is 8 yrs old. Recently, it stops in middle of the drying cycle. Sometime when I restart the cycle from start it completes the cycle. Also, sometimes the heat will not come on. I have check the lint areas in the dyer and they are clean. I...

Kenmore dryer shuts off repeatl [ 4 Answers ]

Dryer shutoff repeatedly. Drum turns whenever door is open. Dryer will run for 3 to 4 minutes and shutdown

View more questions Search