Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gatnus Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2006, 09:38 AM
    74 years old and ROTH IRA
    Should a retired 74 year old man convert his Traditional Ira to a Roth IRA?

Can he do that if he is not working but has income from interest, dividends, social security, etc.

Your comments are encouraged and should also be sent to:
    [email protected]

Check out some similar questions!

401k to Roth IRA [ 3 Answers ]

I am an italian citizen who worked in the US for 5 years on a H1-B visa. I will be going back to Italy for good at the end of March 2006 and I want to rollover my 401k to a Roth IRA (through a direct rollover IRA). The amount in the 401k is around $40,000. My income for 2005 was $49,000. If I...

Roth Ira Transfer [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to open a Roth IRA 6 Month CD account. After the CD matures, how do I move the funds to another Bank if the rates are better elsewhere without triggering a taxable/penalty event? Thank you , Rich

Roth ira question [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. Can anyone tell me about penalties and taxes due on a withdrawl from a ROTH IRA at age 58? Account has been open since 1998 when it was rolled over from a 401k and taxes paid on the rollover. Is it just earnings that are taxable? Must you be 59 1/2 to avoid a penalty? Can't seem to get a...

Roth IRA Limits [ 1 Answers ]

I contribute to a Roth IRA currently. The amount I contribute is reduced based on my AGI. I have been able in the past to compute the max amount I'm allowed to contribute. However, I plan on getting married this year and I am trying to figure just how this will impact my/our contributions to the...

Roth IRA Question [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know whether I can continue to contribute to a Roth IRA while I am collecting unemployment benefits? Hopefully it won't be for long. Am still paying taxes on unemployment benefit check.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.