Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nervous Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2005, 11:47 AM
    Gas line rough in placement for stove
    This may not be a plumbing questrion so feel free to re-direct me in necessary. I am in the early stages of a kitchen remodel and need to plan the placement of the gas range gas line. I cannot find any rough in info to where this should be.

Is there a standard, guide or rule of thumb for where the gas line should be placed behind the stove to accommodate a range of ranges? I am planning on a standard, 30" freestanding range with cabinerty on both sides and don't want to place it too far forward creating an impedance for the installation of the stove.

I welcome any advice to avoid having to move it at a later date.

Thanks

Herb.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 31, 2005, 12:12 PM
    Hi Herb, welcome back.

Just bring it up next to the wall behind the stove and terminate it with a shut off. You may then take soft copper tubing off the shut off and connect to the stove. Good luck Tom
    shader Posts: 235, Reputation: 12

Dec 31, 2005, 04:15 PM
    Gas line
    Speedball is correct. Just place it somewhere within the 30" where the range will be and four to five inches above the floor. It sounds like you may have access behind the wall so the shutoff can be placed there, if not, obviously the valve will be on the kitchen side. I used a 90-degree elbow from the wall to the valve for a bit more room. All the free standing ranges I have seen have a lot of open space in the back so valve placement is not super critical. As for the copper pipe I would check with code. You might be better off with a stainless steel flexible connector. This way the range can be easily pulled out without fear of cracking the pipe. Copper tends to work harden if flexed too much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hooking up a gas stove [ 5 Answers ]

My gas stove is falling apart. I found basically the same gas oven used, but a few years newer than my current stove. I am going to pick it up tomorrow. I was wondering if it would be all right for me to hook up the gas line. Is it as simple as turning off the gas line, unscrewing the hose and...

Downdraft stove [ 0 Answers ]

I've just bought a JENN AIR DOWNDRAFT slide in stove and since I live in a pretty rural area I'm having difficulty finding someone who knows how to install them. The connection is already there. What do I do?

Pellet Stove [ 2 Answers ]

We recently moved into a home with a pellet stove for heating. Now that the cold weather is upon us, we have no idea how to start it up and no manual can be found. The manufacturer is Forge Stove Company Inc which can not be found on the internet. Any suggestions as to how to get this running or...

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search