Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allinone Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Layout in PowerPoint
    Dear Experts,

Is it possible to change a layout of slide from portrait to landscape and back in one presentation? What I mean, for example, one slide has portrait layout and next has landscape layout.

Thank you
    SabbzR Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Sep 23, 2007, 07:18 PM
    If you can do it Word you can do it Powerpoint, simply go to the page layout for the current page you are using and set it too Portrait or Landscape. There should be a drop-down menu somewhere on that open window that reads: "Apply to this page forward" or "apply to this page only" or something similar.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Sep 24, 2007, 06:19 AM
    No, I don't think there is... and I think I know why!

Logically, you'll either have a projector or a screen that is either portrait or landscape, so you would want to set your whole show to that singular type of page layout, otherwise, if it just changed orientation half way through your presentation it would be off the edges of your projection screen!

I've looked through all the options and the only thing I can find is to apply it to the whole show!

Sorry!
    SabbzR Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Sep 24, 2007, 06:24 AM
    "Use portrait and landscape slide orientation in the same presentation"

By default, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 slide layouts are set up in landscape orientation. Although you can have only one orientation (either landscape or portrait) in a presentation, you can link two presentations to display both portrait and landscape slides in what appears to be one presentation. To link two presentations, do the following:

Note It is best to place both presentations in the same folder before you create links. That way, if the folder is copied to a CD or moved, the presentations will still link correctly.

Create a link from the first presentation to the second presentation:
    In the first presentation, select the text or object that you want to click to link to the second presentation.
    On the Insert tab, in the Links group, click Action.
    On either the Mouse Click tab or Mouse Over tab, click Hyperlink to, and then select Other PowerPoint Presentation from the list.
    Locate and click the second presentation, and then click OK.
    In the Hyperlink to Slide box, under Slide title, click the slide that you want to link to, and then click OK twice.
    Create a link from the second presentation back to the first presentation:
    In the Hyperlink to Slide box, under Slide title, click the slide that you want to link to, and then click OK.
    On the Insert tab, in the Links group, click Action.
    On either the Mouse Click tab or Mouse Over tab, click Hyperlink to, and then select Other PowerPoint Presentation from the list.
    Locate and click the first presentation, and then click OK.
    In the Hyperlink to Slide box, under Slide title, click the slide that you want to link to, and then click OK twice.

That is how it is done in Office Powerpoint 2007, I'm not sure which version of office you are using - but maybe that will help you in the right direction.
    allinone Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 06:43 PM
    SabbzR

I'll keep this I mind. But when I tried to do it (Hyperlink) a slide does change the layout. So, I am going to insert the portrait pictures in landscape layout.

Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using powerpoint with music [ 3 Answers ]

How would I get a music track to play over an entire powerpoint presentation, and would it still work if I saved it to a pen drive and then tried to present the presentation on another computer

Powerpoint.ppt [ 6 Answers ]

What are the different types of diagrams you can have on a slide using powerpoint?

Powerpoint to video [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there! I wonder if there is the best way to convert Powerpoint presentation files to video. I was told that Presentation to Video Converter 1.2 http://www.geovid.com/Presentation_to_Video_Converter/ Gives a very good quality. Any suggestions appreciated Cheers!

Powerpoint [ 3 Answers ]

I know how to insert a CD track into a powerpoint but can only get it to play on my computer while the CD is in my computer. Is there any way to save the file and send the powerpoint with the music?

View more questions Search