Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toddbowie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Attaching ferrell to pipe
    I am trying to connect the ice maker in the my refrigerator to the kitchen water line. I am not sure how to properly connect the compression nut and ferrell to the copper piping. How do I do it properly? Do I simply clamp down on the ferrell with a pair of pliers to connect it to the pipe?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 03:59 PM
    The ferrell simply slips on to the tubing , the tubing will protrude through the ferrell by about 1/8" as you tighten down on the nut it will compress the ferrell against the tubing. Mike
    ThomasCKeat Posts: 157, Reputation: 12

Jul 25, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Just slide the nut on your feed line then slide on the ferrell, push your feed line all the way in and tighten your nut. As the nut tightens it will compress the ferrell onto your line and form a water tight seal. That's why they are called compression fittings. If you have marred the ferrell (scratched it or damaged it) it won't seal. Don't over tighten the nut either just tight enough to form your seal without leaks. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attaching abank accounts [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any protection from ataching joint bank accounts if only 1 person on the account has a judgement against hin?

Attaching bank accounts [ 1 Answers ]

Can an agency attach account that is joint but only one owes the debt

Problem attaching files to mail [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have problem attaching files to mail

View more questions Search