Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seering Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 10:02 PM
    GE Gas Dryer Won't Heat
    20+ year old GE gas dryer. Igniter glows, but gas does not turn on. Silver box (I assume a relay) on top of gas control is warm to the touch. After about 30 seconds, it clicks, the igniter goes off, it waits about a minute, then repeats.

Any ideas on what to check or replace? Thanks in advance for any help...
    seering Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 06:21 AM
    A little more info... it does work intermittantly, but whenever it is not working, the relay seems to be warm. If I let it cool down for a while, then restart, it will usually light the gas, but then will stop re-lighting at some point after that.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Chek this first, soulds like might solve situation. Clean the vent trap. Clean vent hose from where it exits unit all the way to where it exits house. If it has any restrictions in it it will shut down unit or not dry clothes. Post back with results

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Dryer - No Heat [ 1 Answers ]

Whirlpool Imperial Series dryer. Gas Heat. Ran great for several years. Now there is no heat. Why? Connections look fine.

No heat on a gas dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kenmore series 70 gas dryer and the drum runs fine but I have no heat. Once in a while it will work sometimes but most of the time it won't heat up. I am really handy and understand basic electrical I am wondering how to go about diagnosing and figuring out the problem. Thanks

Neptune Gas Dryer has no heat [ 1 Answers ]

This dryer has worked perfectly until just now. I went to get the laundry out and everything was wet. I tested it and there is no heat. I want to know if there are a few basic things I can check before calling the appliance guy. I have already confirmed that there is gas getting to the dryer but...

Gas Dryer Heat Problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Gas LDG7600aaw dryer, 13yrs old. It recent stopped igniting the burner. When I first looked at it was full of lint and the igniter was working but would just go out with out lighting the gas. I shook the supply line the next time the igniter went on and it ignited the gas. I...

Hotpoint gas dryer won't heat up! [ 2 Answers ]

undefinedundefined I replaced the igniter on my gas dryer as it was crumbling anyway. That was my first thought as to why my dryer may not be heating up. Guess what, that wasn't the problem. The dryer just quit heating all of the sudden and as I said I thought the igniter may be the problem. As we...

View more questions Search