Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    homer-70 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Slow or no spin on Whirlpool washing machine
    I have a Whirlpool Gold washing machine, model number LSB6500PW4. Recently, the basket either doesn't spin at all or spins slowly during the spin cycle. When it doesn't spin at all I can manually turn the basket a couple times and then start it again and it works but still turns slowly. I tested the draining of the water to make sure there is no blockage. The tub drains completely well within the 180 seconds before the tub starts to spin. Sounds to me like the clutch is going. Do you concur? If so, is that a part I should try to replace myself or hire out? Thanks in advance.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 04:56 AM
    Is the Gold series belt drive? I can't remember. I would look and see. Could be as simple as a wore out belt. Not a difficult job. If it is the clutch and you are handy you could change it yourself. Not a real difficult job. Just pay cose attention where eveything goes. Maybe take a photo prior to disassembly for reference. Good Luck
    homer-70 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 02:05 PM
    There is a belt that appears to turn the water pump but other than that it looks like direct drive.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 03:24 PM
    Then I would inspect the coupling between the motor and trans.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Washing Machine won't spin [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - I have a Kenmore 70 series Washing Machine that stopped spinning today. I can hear the motor whirring and all the other features still work - just no spin. I have tried the spin cycle on all the diff "levels" (delicate etc) and still no spin. Got a load of wet clothes in there though :p...

Top load whirlpool style washing machine will not spin [ 1 Answers ]

I have removed motor and gearbox/transmission from cabinet. I had to replace the drive/motor coupler on a previous washer so I thought that may have been the problem this time also. I separated the motor from gear box to check the coupler. It was NOT broken. I tried to start the washer with it out...

Washing Machine won't spin [ 1 Answers ]

I have an admiral top loading washing machine. It will not currently run the spin cycle - the motor comes on, but does not turn the drum. The agitator will turn when washing, but the drum does not move. It is draining fine. Anyone have any suggestions?

Washing Machine Won't Spin [ 4 Answers ]

I have a washing machine that won’t spin on its own. I bought a front loader from Sears, says Kenmore but believe it is a Frigidaire, Model #417.41042000. When machine is in the agitate cycle, the motor will not run unless I physically help it. When it starts it only goes for about 8 seconds...

View more questions Search