Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BeBopBetty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Frigidaire dryer - Model #CRER7900AS1
    My dryer won't start unless I manually give the drum a strong pull and then it works fine. I have to do this each time I need to dry a load of clothes. Could the problem be that I need a new belt or that the motor is no longer strong enough to start it when I turn the on button? Does anyone know what my problem could be?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2007, 04:42 PM
    I would check the belt first. Then... to test the motor do you have a meter to test with?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 26, 2007, 04:52 PM
    If the belt is slipping you would hear it squeel. Your motor has two sets of winding and one is just to get the motor to start spinning from a dead stop. I think you will likely need a toitally new motor.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2007, 05:56 PM
    A capacitor on the motor sounds like the problem... If you can get it to run by spin starting it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire dryer [ 2 Answers ]

How do I replace the thermal limiter. I have taken the screws out of the clips, but can't get to the part. The top won't come lose.

Frigidaire Dryer model # GLER341AS2 won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a Frigidaire Dryer model # GLER341AS2 from the Furniture Mart 4 months ago and today I was doing laundry and it wouldn't start. It just makes a faint buzzing noise when I try to start it? Any ideas??

Frigidaire Dryer model # GLER341AS2 [ 2 Answers ]

This is a good one. I hope someone can help!! I noticed my dryer wouldn't dry the clothes completely anymore. 3 or 4 cycles and they are still damp. So I did the first logical thing. I checked the dryer venting. Everything was good and to be sure I ran it with the vent disconnected and...

View more questions Search