Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DEVILMD Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 05:38 PM
    GE Profile Refrigerator Water Dispenser is dispensing hot water
    I have a 6 year old GE Profile top freezer with a water and ice dispenser. As soon as I changed filters today the dispenser is now dispensing very warm, almost hot, water. It was functioning properly just minutes before with the old filter. I have changed the filter twice/year since purchasing and have never had this happen.

I believe the water connects directly to the drinking water supply.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Brad
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 05:12 AM
    It takea awhile for the water in the new filter to cool off.

Jan 4, 2009, 05:59 AM

Thanks. But the water gets warmer as you continue to run water through the dispenser.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Is it the corrct filter? Just curious.

If nothing has changed this is a strange situation I have never run into before.

I know in mine I have changed the filter many times and never experienced this situation. I will say the water is not cold when first changing the filter but it gets cold soon afterwards.

Is the line taped on the cold water side? You would have noticed before if it was taped into the hot water line instead but I have had customers install them on the hot water line before.

Jan 4, 2009, 08:15 AM

That's what is strange. I too have changed the filter (it is the same one) and never had this happen. The dispensed water has always been cool and certainly not very warm as it is now. Also, the force of the flow is MUCH greater now. I can fill 8 oz in 5-7 seconds. Interestingly, this is the time that the GE website states should be the correct flow rate. So, now the flow is appropriate but the temp is much higher. I guess I'll need to place a request for a technician. Thanks so much for your responses. I appreciate it very much.

Brad

Jan 4, 2009, 08:16 AM
    It is tapped to the cold water side as far a I know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low Pressure in GE Profile Refrigerator Water Dispenser [ 21 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old GE Profile side by side refrigerator with an indoor water and ice dispenser. My problem is that the water dispenser volume is so slow that it takes about a minute to fill a 16 oz glass. When ithe dispenser is first activated I get a good stream with plenty of volume but it...

Hooking up water line to refrigerator for ice maker and water dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

Here is my problem, I just bought a refrigerator that has an ice maker and water dispenser which by the way is a Haier PRCS25. I then purchased an ice maker kit from the hardware which came with a self piercing saddle valve. From here I connected the valve to a 3/4" copper cold line pipe...

Foul tasting water from refrigerator water dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

I have a GE Profile side by side refrigerator roughly 3yrs old. A couple of weeks ago it started getting warm. We cleaned the coils in the back and it started to cool back down, however, a foul smell started that day. Now the water and ice from the dispenser taste bad and the smell is still...

Cloudy water from refrigerator water dispenser [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to troubleshoot/fix cloudy water issue. Water from all faucets, etc. is clear, except from the refrigerator water dispenser. I have detached the refrig. Water supply line and opened the value, and still get cloudy water... so I assume the refrig is not the issue. How do I find the...

GE dispenser won't stop dispensing water or ice [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE GSS25JEPD refrigerator. I went to get a cup of water last night and the dispenser would not stop dispensing water or ice when I was done. I could see if I had knocked the presser out of alignment by pressing my cup on it too hard but I tried over an hour trying to readjust it and...

View more questions Search