Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Susanbuny Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 11:02 AM
    Dryer
    I have a Whirlpool - GGW9868KQ2 that I purchased from Sears. I had done several loads of laundry and when I started a new batch to dry, I smelled burning. The lint screen had been cleaned. Any suggestions as to what it might be? Thanks
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 1, 2006, 04:37 PM
    The element might be overheating.

While the lint screen may be clean, sometimes lint can gather under the dryer around the blower wheel, and the air passage through there.

For instance, I had a lint problem, my lint screen is inside under the door, I had to remove the front cover of the dryer and clean out all of the lint in the air chamber below to improve my air flow.

What ever you do, Don't leave it unattended while its doing this, just to be safe.
    Susanbuny Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 11:40 AM
    Thank you. Our lint screen is inside under the door also, so we took off the bottom front panel and found a lint trap that was filled. The link on top was charcoal black. It seems to be working fine now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How old is my dryer? [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot find a date code for my Whirlpool clothes dryer model # LHE5800W0. :confused: I think it is really old, but I am not sure. Can anyone help?

Kenmore Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My dryer runs. But, there is no heat. Is that an easy fix?

GE dryer [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get to the drum bearing? We were told it is the cause of our squeak --we opened the top but can't figure out how to get passed the drum

Dryer doesn't get hot [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Anyone with any advice before I go buy a new dryer would be appreciated :-) I have an 8 year old Kenmore dryer. The problem I am having is that it does not heat up... it runs and tumbles fine, just doesn't heat up. Anyone know what the problem could be or should I just go get a new one if...

View more questions Search