Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acato Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 08:21 PM
    Maytag dryer making loud noise
    I have a maytag dryer and it is making a lot of noise. It does dry my clothes but is very loud. What could it be?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 04:57 AM

Bad bearings on the rollers would be my first suspicion. You need to open the dryer up and check out the rollers. It could also be a bad motor bearing. There are other possibilities. I don't want to say for sure that it's one of these possibilities without checking it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Dryer Loud Shrieking Noise [ 3 Answers ]

Maytag Intellidry Dryer D-4, 10 y/o, Model MDG9806aww (QuietPlus II). Replaced belt. Replaced two dryer drum rollers (just the wheels, the posts looked and felt OK, but what do I know?). When the belt is not connected and I turn the drum, I do not hear the noise. The situation has...

Maytag Dryer hard time turning and making noise [ 1 Answers ]

What would cause this is there a fix or way to find proplem?

Westing house dryer making loud noise [ 1 Answers ]

My Westing house dryer has started making a loud thumping noise. It sounds as if there is a tennis shoe in it whenever it is running. I would like to know what it is and can I fix it myself?

Maytag dryer making horrible noise [ 5 Answers ]

:eek: My maytag dryer is making a horrible loud noise. It sounds like it is coming from the back of the dryer. It sounds like tennis shoes are rolling around in there or something like that while the dryer is on. When the dryer turns off, it still makes that sound for a couple of seconds and then...

View more questions Search