Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msuneek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Frigidaire Front Load Washer
    I have a Frigidaire front load washer and front load dryer. The washer takes forever to wash a load. I actually stood in front of the washer and witness the “one minute” left on the rinse/spin cycle. It was about 5-10 minutes! I tried to cancel the wash and open the door. The washer door continued to be locked. I couldn’t open the door, so I had to start the rinse/spin cycle all over again. I had to wait until the washer finish to open the door. Is there something I can do to cut the time? Can this really be energy efficient if it takes so long to wash?
    TheNeffZoo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by msuneek
    I have a Frigidaire front load washer and front load dryer. The washer takes forever to wash a load. I actually stood in front of the washer and witness the “one minute” left on the rinse/spin cycle. It was about 5-10 minutes! I tried to cancel the wash and open the door. The washer door continued to be locked. I couldn’t open the door, so I had to start the rinse/spin cycle all over again. I had to wait until the washer finish to open the door. Is there something I can do to cut the time? Can this really be energy efficient if it takes so long to wash?
    I just bought a Frigidaire Gallery front loader. I noticied in the instructions (and in trying) that if you cancel or pause the cycle to open the door, it takes much longer to unlock during the spin cycle than during an earlier part of the cycle. The time remaining read-out seems to be just an estimate. (I sat and watched a whole cycle when I first got it - LOL).

Yes, even though it may seem anoying, I believe the washer is more energy efficient, both through less water usage and energy usage. Mine was an energy star with the usage noted at nearly the left end of the spectrum (very good). It uses less than half the # of gallons of water per load as my old top loader.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Front Load Washer #417.41042000 won't spin, does drain [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, When I bought my machine, the previous owner offered the following description: It is about 2.5 years old. We had some problems with it spinning the proper speed after moving it. The repair people told us it was due to using too much soap or being imbalanced. Had it repaired a couple...

Kenmore Front Load Washer Model 417.41042000 - No Motor Movement [ 1 Answers ]

I found a troubleshooting guide inside the cabinet that says, "...set timer to the start of the Regular wash cycle and pull the know out. If the motor does not rotate, check for a poor connection in the timer line switch or door lock switch. If good, and motor does not run go to step 3". ...

GE Front Load washer water level pre set [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE Front Load washer (1 month old) WCHV 6260f www, king size, 26 cycle. My question is are there water level setting or how do I access that. If I wash 2 items does the level set automatically, or is there a way to pre select water level. Help!!

Frigidaire front loader [ 1 Answers ]

My basement recently flodded and I think it damaged the front loading washer I have. When I plugged it back in it seems to work, but the washer doesn't spin... it just fills with water and then nothing... no washing, no spinning.. no nothing! How can this be repaired ?:(

View more questions Search