Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GntlmnEBM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2006, 10:56 PM
    Old Gas Stove
    I just moved into an apartment with a match-light oven. Can someone tell me how to light it?

Thanks!

Eric
    MasterBlaster Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 06:00 AM
    The one at my old place had a hole in the metalwork, front and center, about the size of my finger. I just turned on the gas, and held a match or lighter in front of the hole. A second or two later and *whooosh*, it was burning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hooking up a gas stove [ 5 Answers ]

My gas stove is falling apart. I found basically the same gas oven used, but a few years newer than my current stove. I am going to pick it up tomorrow. I was wondering if it would be all right for me to hook up the gas line. Is it as simple as turning off the gas line, unscrewing the hose and...

Kitchen exhaust - gas stove [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a gas stove located on an interior wall. Is it a safe practice to run the ducting from the interior wall, down into the basement (4 foot), and turn 90 degrees to duct outside (8 foot)? My thought is to mount the motor/fan in the basement at the exterior wall location. Do you...

Problem with GE Freestanding Gas Stove [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problems with my oven. When it is in bake mode it turns on and heats up for a minute than it shuts off. The burner appears to be slightly still on but it will not heat up to temperature. The broiler works and will burn to temperature. Any ideas?

View more questions Search