Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joe_A Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Power management not working
    Hello. I have an Acer Aspire 5050 notebook, and recently I noticed that the power management function does not work any longer. It will not work through the Acer eMpowering technology program, or though the control panel. Nothing happens when I attempt to open the program. Had I not just moved to CA I would know where the CD's that came with the notebook were at. I struck out at the Acer website; all that was there was a utility guide for the empowering tech program. Hopefully an Acer expert is out there to assist. Thanks in advance.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 07:07 AM
    The program that you are trying to access might be deleted... Make sure that the program (acer empowering technology) is still installed on your hard drive...

Jun 5, 2007, 08:15 AM
    Thank you for the response. The program may be gone, but I cannot access the Windows powers options through the contorl panel, either.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 08:28 AM
    So you are saying that your power options icon is gone as well?

Jun 5, 2007, 09:16 AM
    The icon is present;however, it is non-functional.
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Jun 6, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Good luck getting much of anything from the acer website except some old drivers.

Make sure that powercfg.cpl is in c:\windows\system32.
    Also check your BIOS, I had an older acer laptop (travelmate I think) and I seem to recall some settings in there. I'm not sure but if APM is disabled in the BIOS it might impact what you can do in the control pannel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Working Capital Management [ 2 Answers ]

Indicate how each of the following six different transactions that Dynamic Mattress might make would affect (I) cash and (ii) net working capital: 1. Paying out a $2 million cash dividend. 2. A customer paying a $2,500 bill resulting from a previous sale. 3. Paying $5,000 previously owed to...

Debt management not working. [ 2 Answers ]

Have been going through a debt management group for the last 4 years trying to pay off credit cards which I cut up at that time. Talked to them last month and basically found out that all my hard work is just not working after all. Interest rates are outrageous and I am not even working on the...

Working capital management [ 1 Answers ]

Q-1)- ABC Ltd is making a sales of Rs.50,00,000 by extending a credit of 30 days to its customers. It has a variable cost of 70%. The Managers of this firm belief that the sales can be increased by liberalizing the credit terms from 30 days up to 90 days. The sales manager has given following...

Working Capital Management [ 1 Answers ]

How would Dynamic Mattress paying $5,000.00 previously owed to one of its supplier affect (1) cash and (2) net working capital? How would borrowing $1 million long-term and investing the proceeds in inventory affect (1) cash and (2) net working capital?

View more questions Search