Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Texas Tom Posts: 46, Reputation: 4

Dec 5, 2006, 06:35 PM
    Solution - Low Hot Water Pressure Throughout House
    Several weeks ago I made a post about low hot water pressure throughout my house. It's now fixed, so I thought I would provide the "fix" for others with the same problem.

I had a plumber come to see what the problem was. He noted that my hot water heater was 10 years old & there could be some internal problem. So I said put a new one in.

When the old heater was removed. A quick examination revealed that the hot water outlet nipple was almost totally clogged with corrosion. The plumber said the metal type of the installed nipple was wrong which caused the corrosion.

With the new heater & input/output piping, the hot water pressure is now essentially the same as the cold water pressure.

Cheers, Tom
    unhandymaninmem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 09:44 AM
    Hey Im new to this site really not sure how it works... but my question is for Texas tom... im experiencing the same problem that you were having and I want to make sure that all you did was replace your hot water tank
    kingy1975 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2011, 11:31 AM
    Normaly a drop in hot water pressure with a hot water cylinder is the bore on the outlet is getting smaller due to scale build up some times even totally blocks over time I've done so many as I work for a housing maintence company
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 30, 2011, 02:08 PM
    Hi Kingy and welcome to the Plumbing pageat at AskMeHelpDesk.com. You piggybacked on an a 5 year old dead thread In the future, before you post, look in the upper left hand corner for the date.
    Thanks for your input. It was well thought out and presented. Pleas continue to post and answer questions, Regards, Tom
    alupay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2012, 06:22 AM
    This is a brand new water heater and very low hot water pressure, I don't think dirt clogging it will be a problem, what could cause this problem?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 13, 2012, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alupay View Post
    this is a brand new water heater and very low hot water pressure, i don't think dirt clogging it will be a problem, what could cause this problem?
    I guess you didn't read Kings post, Let me put it a different way. While your heater may be new your pipes are not, Over time scale (mineral build up) builds up in the pipe walls. In replacing the heater those pipes were disturbed and the minerals broke loose and are now clogging the cartridges input ports. The solution would be to shut the water off to each affected faucet, open it up and check and clean the cartridge input ports.
    Before you reassemble ( and this is important) )Place a pan over the open valve and turn the water back on for a few seconds to flush out the supplies. Reassemble and test. Do this with all the faucets affected. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure - entire house [ 2 Answers ]

I've read many of the other posts, and I'm somewhat re-assured that I'm not the only one having problems with hot water pressure. For confirmation, here's my problem: I have a standard gas hot water heater in my basement; throughout the entire house my hot water pressure has recently dropped...

Very Low Hot Water Pressure in entire house [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: Please Help!! I have very very low hot water pressure in my whole house. I have flushed out my hot water heater and it came gushing out clear from the bottom of my hot water heater. I had a friend’s Dad come over and he tried something things to rule out possibilities. He took the...

Low hot water pressure entire house [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. We have 3 yr old house/ boiler and have noticed recently an overall drop in our hot water pressure. We have a thermo dynamics oil fed boiler(no hot water tank). Could our heating coil be getting "crudded up" w/ mineral deposits like a hot water heater? How do we test or...

Low hot water pressure in house [ 1 Answers ]

Hot water pressure low from relatively new gas hot water heater. House built in 1914... not the best in pipes, but any ideas on improving pressure. Have good valve from water pipe. Suggestions?:confused:

Low water pressure in this old house [ 1 Answers ]

All of a sudden, the water pressure in the house has dropped. We are on a city sewer line and the water coming into the sinks in the basement. Any thoughts other than going into hock for a plumber? Thanks

View more questions Search