Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scribbles Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2005, 05:03 PM
    Dbgeng.dll?
    One of my computers has recently been getting an error on startup It run windows XP with the latest service packs and drivers. The error says a file dbgeng.dll is missing and should be reinstalled. What should be done to fix this problem?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 19, 2005, 05:37 AM
    Dbgeng.dll appears to be a valid Microsoft file used in programming. Probably some program you are loading at startup uses it. Do a WEB search on the name and you should find where you can download it. Or find out what program is calling it and you can reinstall that program.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Apr 19, 2005, 06:51 AM
    Dll
    If as Scott suggests dbgeng.dll is a missing Microsoft file used in programming,then why not visit:http://www.dll-files.com/ and download the dll for free.Also try http://www.windll.com/
    However,is the name you have given correct,as a quick search by me on both sites,said that their was no such file?
    If I've missed it,apologies. :D

All the best,
    Nez.

Apr 19, 2005, 05:58 PM
    How should I
    I am not aware of which program is tryiong to acsess this .dll on startup. What way do you recommend I find out?

Apr 20, 2005, 05:50 AM
    One way would be to use MSCONFIG (Start>Run>MSCONFIG) and uncheck all the items or at least the ones you aren't sure of. Then reboot. If the message doesn't occur then its one of the items you unchecked. Recheck each item one at a time and reboot in turn until you find the culprit.

Apr 20, 2005, 12:12 PM
    Overlooked something
    I overlooked something important that might be of use. Savedump.exe is trying to find this .dll on startup. From what I know savedump is a windows 2000 thing they added a while back. However I still don't know how to fix this problem, I looked into msconfig, no luck. Any ideas?

Apr 21, 2005, 05:25 AM
    "They" added?? Who is they? SaveDump is a Windows utility. So it probably need to be reinstalled.

Apr 21, 2005, 11:46 AM
    The computer this error is occurring on has no CD ROM drive, so when I run sfc I cannot give windows the cd. Is it possible to run sfc and use a networked cd drive? If not what way should I run sfc?

Apr 22, 2005, 05:12 AM
    Its possible if the resource is shared and can be mapped.

Apr 27, 2005, 11:27 AM
    Sorry it took so long to reply. I ran SFC off a networked drive but, it didn't fix the problem, Im still getting an error saying savedump.exe failed to start because it could not find dbgeng.dll. Any suggestions?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search