Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2009, 07:57 PM
    Herb ginger
    I had a colonostrophy, and the colon was dark because of taking laxatives.

In your opinion, does taking about 2 ginger capsules daily, could that contribute to turning the colon dark.

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2009, 09:19 PM

I don't know but

You should discuss ginger with your health care professional BEFORE taking it if you have any of these conditions:

•abnormal bleeding problems or a history of bleeding
    •diabetes or blood sugar problems (like low blood sugar)
    •heart disease or other heart conditions
    •gall bladder disease or gallstones
    •an unusual or allergic reaction to ginger, other prescription or non-prescription medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
    •pregnant or trying to get pregnant
    •breast-feeding
    •have a bleeding or blood clotting disorder or are taking a medicine to increase or decrease the clotting of your blood such as aspirin, warfarin (Coumadin), or heparin; or
    •take other herbs, antioxidants, or health supplements (these may affect blood thinning).

ginger medical facts from Drugs.com
    And about.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Herb to aid with conceiving [ 14 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any herb (common preferably) that will increase the chances of a woman conceiving and help in the fertility prospect ?

Support for dill herb [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to grow dill from seed. They have germinated well but my concern is they are beginning to fall over. They are very spindly and need support but what would be suitable on such spindly plants? Thanks

Herb for the prostate. [ 11 Answers ]

I take blood thinners and get my blood checked every month. My question is I want to take a Herb for my enlarged prostate.I don't know if there is one that I can take? Jackman

Where can I buy herb seeds? [ 3 Answers ]

Obviously, the medicinal use herbs. I would like to grow my own and do some little experiments. The Chinese stores do not carry seeds.

How do you take care of the herb dill [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dill plant and it seems to turn brown. I would like to know the care of that herb. :confused:

View more questions Search