-------------------------------- Juice Fasting part 2 - effects of the juice fast Juice Fasting - effects and tips
Side effects of the juice fast
There are certain side effects that you may encounter when you commence your juice fast. When you start your fast your body will be trying to eliminate a large amount of toxins from its cells. The noticeable effects of this can include headaches, nause and dizziness as the blood receives waste toxins from your cells. This is a natural part of the detox. Many people who fast believe that the fast is complete 2 days after this uncomfortable stage of the juice fast has ended. You may also experience bad breath and a ‘furry’ tongue as the body attempts to expel toxins through the throat and mouth.
You may experience a surge in energy levels when juice fasting and while gentle exercise such as walking is OK, intense exercise such as weight lifting, long distance running etc are not recommended.
After fasting your mind will be more alert and your energy levels will be higher. You may also experience an increased sex drive. Juice fasting tips
A common error with people entering the world of juice fasting is the idea to ‘stock up on fuel’ the night before the fast commences by having a large meal. This is entirely the wrong thing to do. You should have a light, easy to digest meal such as steamed fish and vegetables the night before a juice fast to ‘ease’ the body into the fasting process.
Try to have some variety in your detox juices so that you don’t get bored or sick of the same juice taste all the time. An added benefit of this is that your body will receive a wider array of vitamins, phytochemicals, minerals and enzymes for use in its cell generation and cell repair.
Make sure you drink your juice as soon as you have finished making it as otherwise the enzymes in the juice will start digesting the other nutrients in the juice.
Do not use shop bought juice as these have a much lower nutritional content due to the preservation techniques used in their preparation, i.e. heat treated juices lose their nutritional enzymes value.
Try and make sure that you drink filtered or purified water rather than tap or mineral water. This is because you don’t want to cancel out the fast cleansing effect by introducing unknown minerals, chlorine etc into your body through unfiltered and unpurified water.
You should not smoke or drink alcohol during your fast as these actions introduce toxins into your body and defeat some of the main purposes of juice fasting. After your fast make sure you have had a few solid meals before drinking alcohol as your body will be more susceptible to its effects.
When you finish your fast ease your body back into solid foods with simple easy to digest food such as soup or porridge.
--------------------------------------------- 16 Essential Juice Fasting Tips 16 Essential Juice Fasting Tips
By: Oliver Villaverde
Fasting is inexpensive, it does not cost much if you decide to administer it. All you need is determination and patience and your doctors guidance. Remember to never administer fasting on your own or without ample information.
Fasting is one of the most effective ways of treating deceases and it is also considered as one of the cornerstone of natural healing. It is also scientific and Biblical, almost all religion in the world acknowledge fasting as a way to cleanse the body, mind, and spirit.
When we fast our skin, lungs, kidney and bowels dispose of the accumulated waste and toxins we have in our internal system that causes deceases. Fasting regenerates the blood, and repairs the different tissues and cells of our body.
I suggest that you printout this article and post it in your refrigerator and workplace in order to keep you reminded of what to do. I will also be recording a show about Fasting on the “Ollie Style Radio Show” which can be heard on the internet at Ollie Style Radio Show Here are the fifteen Tips:
1. Drinking natural juices or water is said to be the best way to go if you are starting to fast. Experts stress that drinking alkaline juice is better than water so drink fruit juices.
2. You should only drink fresh juices. To prepare alkaline juices you should use fresh fruits like grapes and oranges as it normalizes all body processes and flushes out uric acid and other organic acids faster.
3. Organic Juices should be taken immediately after preparation.
4. Do not drink powdered, canned, or frozen juices. Only fresh juices should be used.
5. Your bowels should be emptied, ask your physician about enema. Enemas should be done at least every other day during fasting, it reduces or eliminates gas or decomposing wastes in your stomach or bowels.
6. While fasting, you should get enough fresh air, drink only juices or warm water not cold water.
7. Your water or juice intake should be six to eight glasses a day.
8. Avoid strenuous physical activities. Take only short walks.
9. Get as much mental and physical rest during fasting.
10. If you experience vomiting, diarrhea or dizziness and it does not cease, stop the fast. Take cooked vegetables slowly do not overeat. Only take moderate amounts of food.
11. Do not take cold water when bathing, it is advisable to use warm or neutral water, also take a bath everyday.
12. If you can’t sleep at night while fasting, take a warm bath.
13. For starters fast only for two to three days.
14. If the three days is over do not eat solid food immediately. Eat slowly, and in small amounts. Chew the food thoroughly, and do not over eat. Gradually eat your food.
15. It is also advisable to take the same alkaline juices that you took while gradually returning to your normal food intake. Remember to eat your food slowly and you will be out of harms way.
16. Always consult a health professional when fasting.
During fasting self digestion occurs. The body eliminates or burns the bad tissues and bad cells in our body, this is the way our body cures and rejuvenates itself. When we fast, regeneration or the building up of new cells is hastened by the amino acids released by the cells in our body. Fasting helps our lungs, liver, and kidneys function more effectively because the burden of having deceased cells and wastes is taken off these internal organs, thus giving these organs rest and as a result fasting not only cleans and clears our body but also our mind.