PDA

View Full Version : What food makes the vagina wet

kittybox20
Apr 27, 2008, 05:56 PM
I'm only 20yrs old and just started having sex-- anyway is there something to eat or take that would make my vigina wet- other then lube:

J_9
Apr 27, 2008, 07:17 PM
Nope, there is no food that will do this.

simoneaugie
Apr 27, 2008, 07:39 PM
Make sure that you are well hydrated. Drink plenty of water. The vagina becomes wet when tissues begin squeezing out "water." The vagina becomes wet just as the penis becomes hard. It's a function of sexual excitement or readiness.

Women usually take longer to become wet (enough) than men do to become hard. Foreplay can take care of this. Some medications can cause the vagina to be drier. Anything that causes clear sinuses and/or a dry mouth can make the vagina dry.

If lube is needed every time and you are otherwise healthy, it's possible that sex with this man is not something your body wants. Either that or you need to increase the length of foreplay and to include those things that get your body ready. It can take up to an hour, or more to be completely ready for insertion of the penis.

Choux
Apr 28, 2008, 01:30 PM
I don't really understand how your vagina could be dry after you start foreplay... to me, that means you aren't turned on, so you shouldn't allow the man to put his penis in... not feel good! Are you sure you are ready to have sex? Are you a young girl? I'd hate to see you get off to a bad start with your sex life, negative encounters can be tough to overcome for the young girl.

Best Wishes in 2008!

J_9
Apr 28, 2008, 03:07 PM
I don't really understand how your vagina could be dry after you start foreplay....to me, that means you aren't turned on,

Tsk, tsk choux, certain illnesses and certain medications can dry out the vaginal canal.

fairycakes16
Apr 28, 2008, 04:35 PM
It can take up to an hour, or more to be completely ready for insertion of the penis.

Honest to god you would be rubbed raw at that stage!

kp2171
Apr 28, 2008, 05:21 PM
1) hydrating, as mentioned, is a good thing.

2) somewhere along the way I saw a complaints about those eating low fat, high fiber diets throwing off estrogen levels... which can tie into vaginal dryness. The idea is that low fat would make normal levels of hormone scarce, and high fiber would eliminate any that gets in the GI tract, preventing reabsorption. So a skewed diet might affect estrogen levels, which can affect vaginal wetness.

3) backing up J_9... as I've said before, in threads concerning this topic, there are medical conditions that can cause this that have absolutely nothing to do with proper foreplay or mental state. Period. Telling all women that it's a failure of them to be mentally stimulated is like telling all people who cant see well to get glasses. Might work for many, but not all symptoms come from the same causes.

Were that the case, menopausal and post menopausal women would just need a "little foreplay" to get wet. Wrong.

Likewise, there are potential environmental issues. Medications such as allergy meds or antidepressants can throw off hormones. Chemical irritants like soaps, douches, etc.

Any history of PID? Yeast infections? UTI's?

Have you tried using pads instead of tampons?

And on and on...

Not diminishing the role of foreplay, but there can be more to dryness than a lack of attention or an "unprimed" mind.

4) concerning an hour of foreplay and being "rubbed raw"... uhm, there's a lot more to foreplay than vaginal penetration. I consider foreplay every part of sensitizing the body for intercourse, which includes sensual touch, massage, caressing... foreplay should be more complex than kiss, neck, fondle, penetrate. If time is permitting, and I do all of the things that make my partner most ready for intercourse, it can easily be 30-45 minutes of foreplay, or longer. That doesn't mean she sometimes isn't ready in very little time... but the suggestion of taking time to prepare the body isn't wrong one bit. There's an absolute correlation between the time I spend on her, most of it involving no kind of penetration, and the quickness and ease in her reaching orgasm. And I promise you my partner isn't rubbed raw with lengthy foreplay. Shed smack me upside the head.

Effective foreplay IS very important, but it just isn't the only thing that can be at play here.

simoneaugie
Apr 28, 2008, 08:12 PM
Rubbed raw? Doing what?

mustard_seed
May 11, 2008, 12:27 AM
i'm only 20yrs old and just started having sex-- anyway is ther something to eat or take that would make my vigina wet- other then lube:
Each other perhaps?

Ash123
May 11, 2008, 03:46 PM
Wet?

I'd say a glass of wine (if you are not driving) will help you nicely. You will feel less inhibited and yes... "wet".

Have a nice amount of water afterwards, as the sex and the wine will dehydrate you a bit...

But that's a well earned glass of water (and fruit) to lie with.

Xrayman
May 11, 2008, 03:49 PM
Yoghurt, wet jelly (jello), water, fruit juice, I don't know, perhaps whatever you decide to spray up there...

beserk
Mar 4, 2010, 12:18 AM
I have heard that grapefruit, carrots, evening primrose oil, cucumber and soy help... can anyone say if this works or not?

Sean Crane
Mar 4, 2010, 02:15 PM
Melon :D