Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alb8806 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Father abandonment laws
    My daughter Brooklynn is now 10 months old. Her biological father has not been in her life but in and out the first month. I have legally changed her last name to mine and now am in the process of taking away his biological father rights. So my question is what is the legal amount of time in the state of GA that a father is not in the child's life that it is considered abandonment? PLease answer someone..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2007, 03:31 PM
    It will be much easier if he will sign them away.

He will have to be notified and have the right to fight that action in court.
    I am not up on it completely but it was a couple years.

Why are you not going after child support?
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Jun 10, 2007, 08:04 AM
    I don't know about GA, but in PA it is just four months. You should call a family attorney and find out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NC Child Abandonment Laws [ 4 Answers ]

My name is Brandi and I like in Gaston County, NC. I have a five year old son with an ex boyfriend, and I encounter the ongoing problem that the ex, whom I will call Travis, has little to no concern for his son. We have not gone to court for custody, because I can't afford it and the state won't...

Child abandonment laws [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I live in Illinois. He has joint cusody of his 3 children with his exwife. He was paying almost 50% of his check for child support, and picking them up on the weekends. As of Feb of 2006 he was injured on the job, and hasn't worked since. His ex wife dropped the children off March...

Sue father for abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

My father walked out on me when I was 6 months old and never looked back. My childhood suffered greatly because of this. Poverty and abuse while he lived wealthy and the good life. I still suffer mentlly wondering why he would do that to his 1st born while he has had other children and took very...

Father abandonment [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm from Texas recently my ex left me after eight years for a younger girl and he lives with her now.I have 2 boys with him and a little girl on the way,he refuses to pay child support and every where I go and people I ask how do I get child support from this guy I never get a good clear...

Child abandonment laws [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé would like me to adopt her four year old son, as would I. The child's father has only seen him a couple times and has had no contact with him in a year. He only pays his child support to get out of jail or else to keep from going to jail he will make a quick payment to save his own butt!...

View more questions Search