Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garnettmarshall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Relationship issue
    I am seeing this man and have been for 1 and a half years. He had a birthday recently and received a present on his door from his ex girlfriend. The card reads blah blah blah and love always her name and xoxoxo.

She wants him back doesn't she? Or is he leading her on? Why else would she have brought a gift to his house, knowing they were done and he was with me?

:(
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Has he been keeping contact with her in the last year and a half? If so, in what way?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 14, 2007, 01:24 PM
    The ex girlfriend may not want him back at all - giving her the benefit of the doubt - she was likely trying to just be nice and not putting any meaning in the gift beyond friendship.
    I would let it go.

On the other hand, what was his reaction to this gift? Has he ever talked about this ex girlfriend in the 1 1/2 yrs you two have been together? Has she ever tried to contact him and has he ever tried to contact her? Did his attitude towards you change at all when he got this gift? Have his mannerisms or behaviors toward you changed?

If things are basically the same between you two, then just write this off as a gift and nothing more. Take him at his word as you really do not have anything else to go on. If you are really suspicious you know the signs to watch for.

But... why bother trouble by being troubled? Just enjoy your relationship and don't let the ex girlfriend get under your skin.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 14, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Oh please if all you have is a birthday card, then get over your jealousy and insecurity. Why make an issue where none exists. What if your ex gave you a birthday card, and he went ballistic, would that be stupid to you?
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2007, 04:36 PM
    I send a birthday card to my ex or friends, people I haven't seen for years? So what... :P Its just a nice gesture.
    Stunning07 Posts: 193, Reputation: 25

May 14, 2007, 05:48 PM
    no matter what you do just try not to talk to him about that girl it shows that your jelous and you don't want that at all don't worry about it too mcuh, and don't worry if he still cares for her I'm pretty sure everyone still cares for there x's
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

May 16, 2007, 05:15 AM
    Don't worry about it. Your with him so don't even bring it up. Your betterthan her. But if he starts talking about her then you need to stand firm and back right off and say listen maybe your not over her and give him some time cause if you do this he will be all over you but if you worry about it he will push you away.
    lisalou Posts: 57, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2007, 05:41 AM
    I got annoyed once as I found a card from my boyfriends ex - saying ' to my darling blah blah blah (including his middle name!) - all the love in the world and back again, please come see me in cardiff' - he said that was just the way she was but I got him to mail her to ask her not to write stuff like that again. Which put a stop to it! If its harmless then don't make an issue but if it steps over then say something
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 16, 2007, 08:41 AM
    Obviously it was intended for you to see. I think she's saying hey I'm still out here - hoping to get a reaction from you. Don't let it bother you. He's with you.
    krystal1973 Posts: 100, Reputation: 22

May 16, 2007, 08:46 AM
    She was probably just trying to upset you, Don't let her!
    Also if they had something going why did she have to leave it on the door, if they had something going she would have just given it to him in person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a shower issue and venting issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 showers in my house 1 downstairs and 3 upstairs. Two of the 3 upstairs have stopped having hotwater in them, shower A is a tub shower combined unit and has no hot water in it, shower B is a shower only with a jetted tub in the same bathroom but not single unit. The shower in B has no hot...

Money issue in relationship [ 11 Answers ]

I am in this relationship since 2003. We broke up for half a year because he wasn't sure I am the one for him. He had been looking for relationship for half a year from on-line dating sites after we broke up. But he can't find any good match, so he asked me to forgive him what he had done and go...

Paternity Relationship Issue [ 4 Answers ]

I just got served paternity papers by someone I was engaged to years before the 1-and-only-night-stand in the late 90s. She broke my heart several times (including the termination of our engagement in the early 90s. A month or so after the one-nighter she told me she was pregnant. I wanted to do...

Who issue W2? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Work summary: - Worked in a University for Jan and Feb 2006 - Worked on CPT (training) with a company from March till 1 May 06 - Worked on OPT with same company from May 1 to Dec 1 06

Is this a issue ? [ 7 Answers ]

PC : XP Pro Service pack 2 --------------------------- Start/Run <typed>MSCONFIG Looked in: Win.Ini Programs It shows: ;msconfig Luke.exe=C:\storage\calarkconnect iso\clarkconnect-2.1iso

View more questions Search