Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovelife Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Interpreting text messages after 1st date
    So I met this girl online and we met at a tea house for some tea, the date went great, it felt very comfortable for the entire 1.5 hours and we never ran out of things to say. We laughed together and definitely had many things in common. I held out on kissing her at the end of the date. Later that day she texted me saying "she had a good time and would like to get together again soon." Pretty much a no brainer... the next day I asked her what she was up to over the weekend to which she said she was moving. I offered to help with the move and suggested a hike, she called me a sweetie and exporessed interest. I called her that night twice but she never picked up. The next day, Saturday, she texted me saying she was sorry she didn't get my call because she fell asleep really early... understandable I guess... and she said if I was still inetersted in helping her move to let her know. So I called her that mornig and again she didn't pick up, so I texted her I'm available to help her so she should let me know. Didn't get a response till the end of the day, she said: sorry I was really busy with the move, but you're such a sweetie for offering to help. OOkkkk... so I text her back: drop me a line when you are not so busy, and asked her if she was celebrating her momma on mothers day. All I got was: she was indeed :)

So the question: She seems to be interested but then again avoids contact, she calls me out on being a sweetie and send lots of smiley faces with her texts, does that mean she thinks I'm a "nice guy" but really has no interest in continuing to date?? I guess its still early in the game, but I can't help but try to analyze what it all means. Any insight would be appreciated.
    EllieBrown Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

May 13, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Does she consider the tea thing a date? Would helping her move have involved meeting her family?

May 13, 2007, 05:38 PM
    I don't know, maybe it wasn't a formal date... and yes, now that I think about it she was moving into her parents house, I guess that may have been the reason?

May 14, 2007, 08:08 AM
    It could have been! If I only went out with a guy once and I had met him online, there is no way that I would allow the 2nd time we see each other to occur with my parents present. Just try to do something else, just the 2 of you, and if you pay then that will at least give her the hint that it is a date.

May 14, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Ha, hey how did u know I didn't pay the first time?? Do you think I should contact her or wait and let her initiate contact? Thanks!
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Your last text "so i text her back: drop me a line when you are not so busy, and asked her if she was celebrating her momma on mothers day" leaves the ball in her court. Give her sometime to initiate contact again. You don't want to seem to eager.

May 14, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Well since you 2 met online, have you talked to her online since that last text? You can text her, I guess, but just keep it really friendly and general. Don't do any "Want to hang out again?" type of stuff. Say "Hey, how are you? How was your weekend?" things like that, and leave them open ended so she can't just answer with a yes or no. Also, don't bother her! If she is sending back blunt texts with no questions back or enthusiam or anything (and I know that it is kind of hard to tell over texting) then leave her alone. But who knows, she might not be as busy now and might be back to acting cool again! Stick to texting, no calling, just for now at least.
    krystal1973 Posts: 100, Reputation: 22

May 14, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Hey she was probably just busy moving- before, after, and during a move is time consuming.

May 14, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Thanks everyone for all your support :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 15 digit issue, tried converting to text, text to column feature negates fix [ 6 Answers ]

I have the following numbers that exceed 15 characters that needs to be split into its own columns. Down the road, there would be thousands of such rows of data with the first couple set of unique numbers. 890432453253208820,5004500558,05CC,1,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0000,5.0000,2007-01-11...

URGENT: interpreting gravimetric analysis experiments [ 5 Answers ]

I have this experiment, but I haven't done it yet. It's a gravimetric analysis one where we want to determine the percentage of calcium in a calcium diet supplement tablet. The procedure goes as follows: 1. Weight one Caltrate tablet accurately into a clean 100ml conical flask 2. Add 50.0mL of...

1st date in about 3 months tomorrow! [ 10 Answers ]

A really cute girl I have been flirting around with for a while, and finally going out on of all things a FOOTBALL date... wow... speachless. We are going out for a date to watch football all day together... can't believe it! She is only 21, but I'm only 25, so shouldn't be a big deal. The only...

Interpreting Financial Statements [ 1 Answers ]

I just seen to not understand what to do in the question. Can someone help me?:confused: The year 2000 was not particularly pleasant year for the managers of Xeros Corp, or its shareholders. The company's stock price had already fallen in the previous year from 60 dollars per share to 30...

View more questions Search