Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renabell Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 11:09 AM
    4 year relationship and no sex
    I have been in a relationship for 4 years but my boyfriend dosen't won't sex. A cupple of weeks ago I had a miscarrage, I told him a week after but he didn't know was pregnant to begen with. We only had sex to a month witch I didn't mind but he won't touch me now what do you think it mite be.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 06:17 AM
    Give him time. Talk and listen.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by renabell
    I have been in a relationship for 4 years but my boyfriend dosen't wont sex. A cupple of weeks ago i had a miscarrage, I told him a week after but he didn't know was pregant to begen with. we only had sex 2 a month witch i didnt mind but he wont touch me now what do you think it mite be.
    He may be just as hurt as you are the miscarriage, have u discussed it between u?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 06:20 AM
    You know him better than we do. What do you think is the reason? Is there no physical contact at all?

Apr 18, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Give him time. Talk and listen.

I've tried talking before maybe its worth another go.
    Or maybe he's cheating!

Apr 18, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland
    You know him better than we do. What do you think is the reason? Is there no physical contact at all?

I think the reason is he's bord he will lean on me, touch my hand or leg nothing more
    Expert

Apr 18, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Could the pressure of your trying to have a baby, and the subsequent events have anything to do with it? You must learn how to talk to him. And assuming does neither of you any good.
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 08:30 AM
    i think the reason is hes bord he will lean on me, touch my hand or leg nothing more

So, basically you are friends who have had sex only once or twice and that is because he is bored? Sorry to be so thick - I'm just trying to understand.

Apr 18, 2007, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Could the pressure of your trying to have a baby, and the subsequent events have anything to do with it? You must learn how to talk to him. And assuming does neither of you any good.

Every time I talk to him ask him what's rong he allways says I don't know its not you what is that meant to mean some how I allways say the rong thing or ask the rong questions. Your right I must learn how to talk to him.

Apr 18, 2007, 08:59 AM
    [QUOTE=Emland]So, basically you are friends who have had sex only once or twice and that is because he is bored? Sorry to be so thick - I'm just trying to understand.[/QUOT

We are meant to be a couple in love, we've been living together for 3 years and looking for a new house so he seams to be committed to me but he won't come near me sexually we still sleep in the same bed but he turns around so I can't talk or cuddle him. I love him and he says he loves me but there's no physical side to our relationship and I ant got a clue why
    shorty28 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Apr 18, 2007, 09:02 AM
    i have been in a relationship for 4 years but my boyfriend dosen't wont sex. A cupple of weeks ago i had a miscarrage, i told him a week after but he didn't know was pregant to begen with. We only had sex 2 a month witch i didnt mind but he wont touch me now what do you think it mite be.
    Hi there I've been with my boyfriend a little over 12 years and I'm 27 years old I went through it 2. Try changing your sex style buy sex toys buy sexy clothes tease him a little try making new and old friends make him a little jealous not 2 much
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 09:37 AM
    we are meant to be a couple in love,
    I am not sure what that means. You are meant to be in love, but are you? Does he fulfill all your emotional needs? Is he attentive and affectionate?

Could he possibly just not want to live alone and likes having a live in girlfriend that does the laundry, etc?

I am posing these questions more for your own introspection than for my nosy needs. You don't have to answer them.

I love him and he says he loves me but there's no physical side to our relationship and I ant got a clue why
    Has he been to the doctor recently? He might be suffering from ED or low testosterone and just not be interested but not comfortable talking to you about it.
    sypher373 Posts: 360, Reputation: 38

Apr 18, 2007, 10:20 AM
    I didn't see this mentioned, but it jumped at me...

You said he didn't know you were pregnant until the miscarriage...

If this problem just recently developed is it possible that the fact that you were pregnant at all scared him like hell? If he isn't looking to have a child, and found out you were pregnant it may have been a rude awakening to him...
    shorty28 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Apr 18, 2007, 09:18 PM
    Maybe he's tired of being in the relationship it could be that you guys argue a lot or he wants something or someone different could be sex life 2 much arguing maybe your keeping him 2 much in the house it could mean a lot of things if you could give me more detail I've been in your spot before and I'm very sorry your going through this.
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Apr 18, 2007, 09:24 PM
    You mentioned the miscarriage in the first post, do you think it has something to do with that? Did it all begin there or has it been going on the whole four years? If this just started recently, the thought of having a baby probably frightened him.
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Apr 18, 2007, 09:25 PM
    And not to pry or anything but what happenes when (or after) you have sex? Do you act like you enjoy it... do you make him feel like you were satisfied?
    Expert

Apr 18, 2007, 09:37 PM
    Show me a couple with sex problems, and I will show you a couple with communication problems.
    jeremy4719 Posts: 136, Reputation: 4

Apr 18, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Reasons a guy wouldn't have sex.

1.) You aren't any good. We all can't be great. Offer something new (blow job, etc)
    2.) Maybe you said something that he can't get of his mind. That is an erection killer.
    3.) He's moved on to someone new, but hasn't broken off the relationship with you.
    4.) He's gay as hell..
    jomod06 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Mar 10, 2008, 10:06 PM
    I have been in a relationship for 4 years but my boyfriend dosen't wont sex. A cupple of weeks ago i had a miscarrage, I told him a week after but he didn't know was pregant to begen with. we only had sex 2 a month witch i didnt mind but he wont touch me now what do you think it mite be.
    Find out if he suffers from male impotence, or spice up his life with your imaginative skills, clean food, etc, etc.
    If he suffers from male problems, look on the internet for MUSE suppositories. This would get him all crazy for one to four hours.
    Do not complain if he s you like a young "MALE LION"
    Joseph.
    JRY./.
    janlestat Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2011, 05:23 PM
    I am having a similar problem but my fiancé is 65 years old, ten years older than me, so I figure its erectyle disfunction and he won't talk to me about it either. If you are younger and he's going through this then you need to tell him to go to the doctor if he doesn't know what the problem is. If he loves you he will at least listen to you but men don't like to think their manhood is threatened and sexual performance is linked to that. He could be going through something stressful or he's stressed about you having a baby or he is'nt interested in you anymore. You should just ask him if the problem is that he's not attracted to you anymore, I did this, and see what he says. If he is still attracted then it is a physical problem and he needs to see a doctor. I'm giving you this advice but I haven't told my man to go to a doctor either. He won't discuss it and so I'm wondering the same thing as you. I'm giving it a little while longer and then some decisions will have to be made. We shouldn't have to live our life this way. If you get along in other ways decide if you can handle this. I am having a hard time myself so I know what you're going through.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Seven Year Relationship has ended. [ 12 Answers ]

Well as you can see by my topic, my seven year relationship with the man that I still love broke up with me. I'm very heart broken. He broke up with me on Oct 20, 2006. I confessed to him that I have cheated on him. Lately we have been seeing a lot of each other and spending a tremendous about...

Sex in a long term relationship [ 18 Answers ]

Just a quick question. When you have been in a relationship for over 6 years what makes the sex STILL so scrummy? ;)

Relationship & Sex [ 5 Answers ]

I've been in a relationship for 1 year and 4 months, 4 of which I'm engaged... My relationship has had its ups and downs, but lately I'm growing frustrated... I typically am getting sex or love making about 3 times a month, and a lot of that has to do with my fiancé working 120hrs out of every two...

6 year relationship, and I like someone else [ 2 Answers ]

I have been going out with my boyfriend for 6 years. He is my first boyfriend, and I am his first girlfriend. I love him very much, and he's crazy about me. The problem is that we don't have anything in common, and while this has never been an issue in the past - it is something that I have been...

Lack of Intimacy in Two-year Relationship [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, and first of all, I’d like to thank anyone who has taken the time to read or answer to this post. I am incredibly appreciative. My problem is as such: I have been dating a woman for the last two years. We’re both the same age (I just graduated college last year), and have been living...

View more questions Search