Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    discojunkia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Period after depovera
    I'm 25 and have been on deprevera for 9 months after child birth, I had bleeding throughout the duration. I took myself off after the last shot was due which was march 16 it is now April 4th and I haven't had a period since the end of February which is over a month I'm wondering if this is normal considering I never lost my period while taking deprovera?
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Oh yes very normal you possibly won't see a period for 6 months or more it can also take up to a year or more to conceive after receiving the jab.
    This is a c+p from the leaflet given with the med.
    The effect of using a depo provera injection does not cease immediately after you stop taking the contraceptive. Though you may choose to stop it anytime and you may start ovulating immediately, it usually takes a period of 6 to 10 months to regain complete fertility.

Other birth control side effects typically associated with hormonal contraceptives, like weight gain, breast tenderness, and depression, may become lesser gradually as the body gets clear from the effect of the hormonal injection. If you are considering pregnancy after depo provera, you might have to wait as long as a year for the positive signs.

Once you have stopped the injections, drinking lots of water and juices, eating organic vegetables and fruits, and exercising may help the body regain fertility rapidly. Some women also prefer taking a detoxifying session or going to a sauna to clear the body of the hormone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my period too long? Is it real blood or period blood? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm really worried. My period came a month early, I only have it once in two months. I have huge cramps and tylenol doesn't work but it usually does. The color and smell are different. The color is much lighter and clear and the smell doesn't have the usual scent, it smells more like the...

Depovera Shot [ 3 Answers ]

I get the depo shot and I was wondering if it is normal to of had my period for 4 weeks with being on the shot? :confused:

Period [ 1 Answers ]

No we haven't been tested for fertility. I have been using condoms but I stopped ayear ago. I might use them once every other week

About My period [ 2 Answers ]

I usually start my period on or rught around the 19/20 th of the month, however, I have not started this month. Is it possible that if I had intercourse on the 13th that I got pregnant and it caused my period not to start? And if so, is it possible that it won't show up in a urine test yet?

View more questions Search