Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mithichokri Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 09:47 AM
    Deceased with no will
    My friend died outside of United States and the death certificate was issued by other country. He had no will but the beneficiary is his mother. The family claimed the health care expenses from health insurance company and they received the check in the name of deceased. How can the mother get that money. Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2007, 11:20 AM
    First, beneficiary is merely a named person in a life insurance policy, so only that person can get that money.

Money to pay health insurance is suppose to be paid to the health provider. So if the health provider was not paid they can sue the people who got the money for not paying them.

Next any money or property that he owed would go to his estate,
    You did not say what the "family" was, cousins, brothers or sisters, children, wife??

And even if the mother got the money, she would merely need to pay it to the medical provider.
    mithichokri Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Thank you.
    The medical provideer has already been by the family members. The claim was for reimbursement of the amount spent on the decased. The Health Insurance company did reimburse the amount but the question is there is no estate since he had no liability and the mother as a beneficiary must have access to this amount.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2007, 12:21 PM
    If the family paid the medical bils the onces that paid needed to be paid back by the insurance company.

And if a person had 100 dollars in the bank, they have an estate, only a small one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debt of deceased [ 1 Answers ]

When a single parent passes away, leaves no will, yet has a bank account, insurance policy, are grown children responsible for her debt or how will hospital and doctor bills be satisfied?

Deceased card debts [ 3 Answers ]

My Aunt passed away 12/27/07, she was the primary card holder. Her sister is the secondary card holder. Is she legally responsible for my Aunt who passed away debts on the credit card. One another thing, my Aunt who is the secondary card holder called the credit card company to tell them of her...

Deceased bills [ 2 Answers ]

My mom is dying and has outstanding bills. She lives in a house that my sister and brother-in-law own. She is named on the mortgage but not on the deed. Will my sister and brother-in-law have to pay all her out standing bills if they are not named on them? i.e. electrical, water, gas, phone, credit...

Deceased name off deed [ 5 Answers ]

My grandfather just passed Dec. 5, I need to know what steps are needed to remove his name from the deed of his and my grandmothers house. Is it necessary to have a lawyer to do this? Thank you, Jeff P.S. We live in California.

Deceased account [ 11 Answers ]

Hi My parents recently passed away and I had to close there credit card from bank of america and the outstanding balance I owe since they did not have the credit card insurance. My parents also had this card connected to there overdraft protection on the checking account for which I kept but had...

View more questions Search