Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michiganmom1975 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Trapped! Need some answers
    In 1996 my grandma got a quick claim deed and put me and my uncle on it. In 1997 grandma passed away and my uncle hasn't lived here in the house since 1998. I have a family now 3boys and married. My uncle hasn't help pay property taxes or upkeep of the house... I have been paying it all. I can't get morgages to make repairs or anything because he will not sign. My husband and I been talking about selling the house and moving to the country... but my uncle will not agree to sign off the house. He said he doesn't care about the house that it can rot that he wasn't signing any papers. I have seen a few attorneys but I don't have the money to hire one to battle this out right now.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2007, 11:26 AM
    You are basically trapped, you can not sell the house without his permission, and you can't get a loan on it without his signing.

For some reason he is not being nice and helping you, did he think he should have gotten the house just in his name or something ?

You can hire an attorney to sue him for his share of the taxes, his share of insurance, and upkeep not caused by you living there.

That will most likely get him intersted in doing something.
    jenisme1995 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by michiganmom1975
    In 1996 my grandma got a quick claim deed and put me and my uncle on it. In 1997 grandma passed away and my uncle hasn't lived here in the house since 1998. I have a family now 3boys and married. My uncle hasn't help pay property taxes or upkeep of the house...I have been paying it all. I can't get morgages to make repairs or anything because he will not sign. My husband and I been talking about selling the house and moving to the country...but my uncle will not agree to sign off the house. He said he doesn't care about the house that it can rot that he wasn't signing any papers. I have seen a few attorneys but I don't have the money to hire one to battle this out right now.
    I would contact legal aid to see if they can help you with representation to see what you can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water or blood trapped in penis when not erect [ 1 Answers ]

Last weekend, I woke up with an erection went to the bathroom, waited for it to soften and peed. Then I noticed that on the right side of my penis it looked inflated as if the blood or water was trapped there, kind of bloated. It didn't hurt, I thought maybe it was some kind of veiricose (sp?)vein....

Movie with Evil queen trapped in a tube? [ 1 Answers ]

It's a kid's fantay movie. With an Evil queen/sorceress, trapped in a "tube" I think one of her hands was hit as the chamber/tube came down on her, imprisoning here within. I think she suffocates or is aging near the end of film; I don't believe it's Legend, Labyrinth, Willow, or even The Never...

Faucet threads trapped [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was changing the aerator on our kitchen sink (because the flow became too slow) and it broke off with the threads trapped inside. How do I get them out? Second question- why after only 6 months did the flow become slow? (We have city water) Thanks, Gretchenk

Trapped [ 17 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have been married for 9 years to a workaholic. I am fortunate enough to stay home and raise our kids, but I am incredibly lonely! Especially on the weekends, when it is highlighted that I am really a raising our...

Trapped [ 6 Answers ]

I have been married for 9 years to a workaholic. I am fortunate enough to stay home and raise our kids, but I am incredibly lonely! Especially on the weekends, when it is highlighted that I am really a raising our kids alone. The past year I have found myself getting my needs met by another man...

View more questions Search