Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shannon5678 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Deprovera Sufferer
    Hello I am a young woman and I have recently gotten off the Deprovera shot about 2 months ago. I have recently had sex and I am scared that I may be pregnant. As you know, on the shot you do not get your period. I haven't had mine for about 2 years. Since I've gotten off the shot I haven't gotten my period. I am scared that I am pregnant bacasue I have no way of knowing when my period may be. Please help me. And how long should I take to wait and take a pregnancy test, I have recently took one and it said negative. But I am still unsure.:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 13, 2007, 07:31 PM
    You may need to wait a week and then take another test, but be sure to take it first thing in the morning. If it comes up negative you should pay a visit to your doctor for a blood test to put your mind at ease.

Also, understand that any info you get here is just guessing at best because your doctor if familiar with your history where we are not and we are only guessing from the info you provide.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deprovera Shot? [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: I'm just wondering how long you have until the shot wears off? I am waiting for my insurance to go through, but in the meantime I am 5 days past the due date for my next shot! So I am just wondering how likely it is that I will get pregnant and am I taking a big risk having sex while...

Question about deprovera shot [ 3 Answers ]

So I have been on the deprovera shot for over five years and recently took myself off. My shot was due in November and I decided to not take it anymore. Well I'm stupid and I ended up having unprotected sex and my period still has not come and honestly I have not had a period for about five years...

View more questions Search