Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SsK0712 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 12:05 PM
    Me & my girlfriend just broke up for less than a month, should I wish her happy anniversary?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 12:21 PM

no.

Your broken up.

There is no reason to contact her, moving on is hard, and sometimes we try and justify making contact, when really it's the last thing that's good for us or what the other person wants.

Going no contact will help you heal,making contact will only serve to upset and confuse you.

Jan 21, 2011, 12:24 PM
    Comment on redhed35's post
    Although we have broken up, but still there's a chance of us getting back. Last time I use to forget about our anniversary, and she has always scolded me for forgetting. Should I at least wish her to let her know I remember?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 12:29 PM

No, your broken up.

The time to remember the anniversarys is when your together,but your not.

You broke up for a reason.

My advice is to start no contact and disappear from her life, start getting on with yours.

Se your friends your family,hit the gym,work,school, where ever or whatever you do each day.

Breakups are hard,it takes time to recover and too see the bigger picture.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 21, 2011, 01:23 PM

I wouldn't, let her scold you. Why did you break up? How old are you both?

Jan 21, 2011, 02:12 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    We broke up because for the past month I have been busy and I kind of neglected her. At that moment she needed me and I wasn't there for her and she felt kind of disappointed. I am 21 and she's 22...
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 02:36 PM

I would have to agree with Tal and Red--NO, do not wish her happy anniversary. When there is NO RELATIONSHIP, there is NO HAPPY anniversary!! There is nothing but hurt and lonliness!!

Just wishing her happy anniversary now, is NOT going to make up to her when you weren't there for her. It's a mute point!!
    But, with all that said, you are still going to do what you want, and if you do decide to contact, DO NOT wish her happy anniversay---just email her a short sentence saying that you are thinking of her--NOTHING MORE. Otherwise just stay with NO CONTACT.

Take care

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend broke up with me out of the blue when I know WE were really happy! WHY? [ 11 Answers ]

I was recently in a relationship with my boyfriend for 7 months. We were both very much in love.. I had never EVER gotten so much attention from anyone like this before especially a boyfriend. He told me he loved me all the time, loved to cook for me bring me out whenever he could spend a lot of...

Broke up 2 weeks prior to 1 year anniversary. [ 28 Answers ]

Threads merged Soo, I've been with my girlfriend for almost a year now and in the last couple of days I just haven't felt anything when kissing her. This is odd because before I always felt this positive fuzzy feeling and now I'm worried that maybe I won't ever feel it anymore. Please...

She 'broke up' with me on our 1 1/2 year anniversary [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 18 years old, turning 19 tomorrow and she's 16 years old, turning 17 in about a month. We've been together for a year and a half now and we've been through so much together. I won't even get into that right now. But two days ago on our 1 1/2 year anniversary, she told me that she's bored of...

Telling an ex happy anniversary? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. My girlfriend and I broke up about a month and a half ago. Currently I am using No Contact. Our two year anniversary would be in eight days... she is seeing someone now. I am not sure if this no contact thing is working or not... but I would like to know if I should send her a text or email...

Is it wrong to grieve around Anniversary time when you broke up? [ 14 Answers ]

If you have a 3 year anniversary coming up On Sept 19, 2007 and you broke up recently, do you think both sides are going to feel down when it gets to that date?

View more questions Search