Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicole___ Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2011, 07:49 PM
    I am on Depo Provera I had sex and I started heavly bleeding. Why?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2011, 07:59 PM

If the bleeding happened soon after sex, maybe it was partly due to irritation of the cervix. Depo can cause heavy and irregular bleeding for some women as well.

If you were to continue to frequently bleed after sex, then it would be wise to have your doctor check things out.
    balu_ind Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2011, 09:10 PM
    U don't need to worry,it happened generally in first time in most of girls... dont need to go to a doc...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding during sex... after depo shot [ 12 Answers ]

I have had bleeding during intercourse 2 times since going off depo provera, (which stopped my periods for over 2 years)... most of the time I don't bleed... but what could this mean? Is it a start of my periods return after depo? Or an infection non related to the drug? If you have taken this drug...

Depo provera [ 2 Answers ]

I have been off depo provera for 7 months now and haven't ovulated yet. But have my periods but no ovulation yet. And me and my fiancé are trying to have a baby. And I don't know when I am able to ovulate. What can I do?

Bleeding too long on Depo Provera [ 7 Answers ]

I've been using depo provera shot for 3 months now and haven't stop bleeding. Can anyone give me any advice as to what to do? The docs here told me to take aleve and it has done nothing!! I'm crying al the time from the pain, and this shot is ruining my life. Please, someone help me.

Irragular bleeding (depo Provera) [ 2 Answers ]

So I got my 2nd shot of depo in Jan. about a week after my shot I had started bleeding. It hasn't stopped yet and its now almost April. I've been to the doctors numorus times and they keep saying that its normal but bleeding for 3 months? Does anyone know what could be going on. Usually I have...

View more questions Search