Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rideacowboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2010, 09:52 AM
    Husband on mortgage wife on deed can bank give out information
    We are now separated and the husband pays mortgage and is in his name, but the deed is in wife's name which took place less then a year.The mortgage is a homeline and the bank will not discuss or give wife statements.They separated in Aug 2010 and the deed was changed in Jan 2010.The husband also had a LTD. Company and dissolved it after the separation. The wife had nothing to do with company but bank is taking money owed by company from mortgage.Can they do this without involving wife.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 14, 2010, 10:43 AM

Please verify:

1. The couple is still legally married - is divorce in the works?
    2. The wife's name is on the property deed, and not the husband's.
    3. The mortgage is in the husband's name only, and not the wife's.
    4. The wife is living in the home, and the husband is not.

Do I have that right? Please clarify what you mean by "bank is taking money owed by company from mortgage." What does the husband's company have to do with the mortgage on a home?

But to answer the question - given that the wife is not listed on the mortgage, the loan between the bank and the husband is their business alone. The problem with this arrangement is that if the husband can't (or won't) pay the mortgage then the bank may repossess the home. I hope the wife is working with a lawyer to get this straightened out; otherwise her ability to keep the home is at the mercy of the husband's capability (and willingness) to keep on paying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband dies, x-wife on mortgage, but not on deed. [ 1 Answers ]

My husband died, he was divorced about 20 years prior to me marrying him. She is on the mortgage, but no on the deed. Can she take the house from me?

Mortgage Default- Deed Information [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I recently became engaged and began looking for a home in my fiance's hometown. I was aware that he previously owned a home that he "walked away from" in January 2006. He was given a mortgage loan that he was in no way able to pay for. He spoke so fondly of the home that I wanted to see...

Divorce - wife not on mortgage or deed [ 6 Answers ]

I've been married 4 years. I purchased a home 2 months ago (while still married). My wife is not on the mortgage loan or deed. We are now in the process of a divorce. She does not work. Does she have any rights to the home and can she actually end up with it even though she is not on the loan...

Should Wife be on Mortgage and Deed? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, My husband and I are were married in California and are buying our first house in California. He is obtaining the mortgage because he has a great income. He said it would be easier because, although I have better credit, I had a low income last year. In CA, will the lender stipulate...

Bank foreclosure wife on mortg we are both on deed [ 2 Answers ]

My wife took out a mortgage on our condo home.I have made many payments now I havs stopped. She is 4 months behind.Can the bank forclose on a mass. Condo home w Hen they made the mistake of just having my wife sign the note snd mortgage ?

View more questions Search