Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    feelove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
    I fell for my best friend, who is my everything
    I have been friends with this guy since childhood. Yeah, he was and still is my best friend. We were so close to each other. Everyone who knew us, would always comment that we should be in a relation, but I never thought about him that way. We shared everything with each other. We could talk to each other for hours at a stretch. Almost everyday. It felt incomplete without him.

But now he has a girlfriend. I feel completely ignored. I never knew I liked him till the time he got a chick for himself. Its been almost an year and I feel horrible and miserable without him. I can't believe he's the same guy who I grew up with. He hurt me a lot. I have called him so many times, and literary begged him to take me back. To be normal just friends. But all I get is that I don't have time, m sorry I have put you through all this. And blah, blah,blah!! I have not told him that I am I love with him. I don't know if I should do that. All this time I thought that staying away would make me forget him, but it has done nothing for me. I still fell very strongly about him. I can't even think of another guy.

He is still in a relationship with his girl. He says he is happy but at the same time he says that no one can ever be what I was to him and that we had this unexplainable thing between us.I don't talk to him any more, but now and then when I get lonely I feel his absence.And I'll be lying if I say that I don't want him back.I have tried getting in a relation with another guy, but its not working for me.

I don't know what to do. I am sick of crying and being alone. I am a very cheerful person. I can lift the whole room up, but inside I am just killing myself. The fake smiles and putting up a strong face is torture. Nothing seems to work. He was my everything. My whole world.And now I have this deep void that is not getting filled. What should I do? How can I get over him? It's been almost an year, but the pain is still there and its not going away.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 16, 2010, 06:43 PM

That really is what growing up is about, making adjustments to the changes we go through. You are still holding on to old feelings, and not making new ones, so your stuck in the past. Let go, and find your own happiness. Not necessarily with a guy, but with a life you build for yourself, with good friends, and activities that you enjoy without him.

Then maybe you can leave him alone, and accept his feelings are not the same, or as strong, as yours.
    dhuber Posts: 73, Reputation: 21

Oct 21, 2010, 02:37 PM
    Tell him how you feel! What have you got to lose? After you talk to him you have to let it go. Or else everyone will be compared to him. YOu have to make the extra hard effort to let it go - just think he is probably not tearing himself up about you. Follow is example. You are not getting back together he is a friend not a boyfriend. I know you say that you didn't know and that's true, but it's done and over. Don't be mad but find someone who likes you as much as you like them. You can't change how he feels. Take a shot
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 04:10 PM

I am sorry but I cannot agree with telling someone how you feel to make yourself feel better when the person is involved with someone else.

feelove, I agree with Tal that you need to let go and move on. You will always care about him, but that doesn't have to control your life.

In a way letting go of a relationship is like grieving for a loved one. You have to accept that letting go, moving on and learning to love again is not a betrayal of the previous relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I fell in love with my friend but she has a boyfriend [ 11 Answers ]

I know her for years but I was in a relationship with someone else that I broke up months ago. I was depressed and really sad. That's why I wanted to be alone. But my friend (she) was with me and we spent too many times together and we shared some good moments. I discovered that I fell in love with...

I fell in love with my friend [ 4 Answers ]

I have been friends with this guy for about 1 year now and we have become really close. At the beginning of our realtaionship I was very much attracted to him, and I told him. But at the time he did not like me in that manner. After a while I was told by his best friend that he had strong feelings...

Fell for my best friend, everything fell apart [ 4 Answers ]

So, my best friend and I fell for each other. I didn't mean for it to happen and at first tried to put thoughts of her aside as to not risk losing our friendship, but eventually it became this irresistible thing. She broke up with her boyfriend, who had cheated on her, and we got together. ...

How to write a letter to a friend whom you fell out with? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have no idea how this works so I'm just going to give it a try. Well, I went for my friend's ex girlfriend. We fell for each other, it wasn't supposed to happened. I reckon the 3 of us didn't see it coming. The thing that I kept telling myself was that, they had already broken up,...

Will my friend who I fell in love with talk to me again? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi Ok this is may all sound silly but I met this girl and we became really close friends she was going through a messy split from her ex and I became her shoulder to cry on. Soon she was sending me loads of text messages telling me how she missed me and loved me and started coming round my...

View more questions Search