Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Aug 30, 2010, 06:51 PM
    Panic attack or something serious
    I will try to be as detailed as possible, and am sorry if it is too much information. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A DIAGNOSIS BUT RATHER SHOULD I WAIT OR GO TO THE ER?

I was out walking my dog and when we were almost home I started getting short of breath, pain in right side of chest and shoulder. Hubby was with me and said I looked like I may pass out. I was also feeling "odd", the best way I can explain it. I will also add I have had real bad indigestion all day. The pain has lessened now that I am home and resting. I am still sweaty and feel odd as well as my breathing is not back to normal. It is not an asthma attack, at least one that I am used to.

Medical conditions I have are: asthma, diabetes, severe depression, BPD, overweight by 100lbs. I am non insulin dependent by the way I am a female who is 44 years old (please don't tell anyone as I say I am 18). :P

Is this a panic attack or should I go and get checked out? I don't want to waste peoples time and take a doctors attention away from someone who needs it, is the main reason I am waiting to see. A friend has expressed concern so I am unsure of what to do.

Susan
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2010, 07:41 PM

Never leave chest pain to chance.

I don't want to scare you but if it were me I would be going to the ER. You are not wasting their time... someone going in to get a pregnancy test to save money is wasting their time, chest pain and breathing difficulties are serious and definitely ER worthy!

Do you have someone who can drive you there?
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Aug 30, 2010, 10:46 PM

We did go to ER and waited for a couple of hours. I figured if it was my heart they would have taken me in right away. The nurse did say my blood oxygen was 97% and that is excellent. If I had stayed I would have been waiting another 8 hours so I will be calling my doctor tomorrow am for an appointment.
    I think it was a panic attack because as the waiting room became more crowded the more pain and discomfort I was feeling. I am home now and only have some heartburn.

Thank you Shazamataz for your answer I do appreciate it

Susan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Panic Attack Questions [ 5 Answers ]

Well, I had my first ever panic attack today and it was truly a frightening experience. Ended up calling an ambulence, they came and gave me oxygen, checked my pulse and told me I was okay- I thought I was having a heart attack. But after they checked me and gave me oxygen, I gradually started to...

Is this a panic attack [ 28 Answers ]

I wake up in the middle of the night with a high heart rate and shaking I'm currently suffering from stress and has recently seen a nurologist to check for growths but the tests she performed said I didn't have one she also told me that an mri or ct scan are not needed she said people who have...

Panic attack? [ 3 Answers ]

First I need to add that I seem to have a form of social phobia. Ok.. When I go outside which is rare I seem to have these weird feelings.. They are becoming worse and happens almost every time I interact with people. I can't go into details because it's hard to explain but I'll do the best I can....

Panic [ 2 Answers ]

My panic attacks came baq... how wonderfull:mad: so much bull to deal with. Forget it all

View more questions Search