Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carlielaine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2010, 04:38 AM
    Put red dye ontop of my bleach and want blonde back help?
    I had highlights for years,ontop of my natural dark blonde hair. I decided I wanted a change and carelessly put a perm red hair dye on my hair.then decided I don't like it! I started washing daily to fade it down quicker,and it has faded,not bright red no more,but the extra washing alone has caused more damage to my hair,with splits/breakage near the roots! I know the last thing my hair needs now is bleach on it again :( do you think it would be too damaging to have a light brown put in (the lightest I can cover it with!) and do you have any tips on removing colour quicker without too much damage? Its took me forever to grow my hair long. Gutted I been so stupid! :0( advice greatly appreciated
    cindychick06 Posts: 68, Reputation: 9

Jun 1, 2010, 05:07 AM

Red is going to be a hard thing to cover up. My vote would be to find a brownish blond that has ASH in it. The ASH minimizes red tones and will most likely make it browner than blond but the red will be gone. I use ASH brown in my hair because I have natural red in my hair and I hate it and it always covers mine up. Just a suggestion though you may want to check with a stylist to see because I would hate for you to try to cover up the red and make it brown.. good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Can I put red hair dye over bleached blonde? [ 1 Answers ]

3 days ago I dyed my hair blonde from darkish brown, I don't like it, so now I want to go dark red. I just want to know if it is going to work or if it will go bright red?

Bleach Blonde trying to go back to Red. [ 1 Answers ]

I really need some help here... I have naturally red hair coming in my roots (it grows out to a strawberry blonde) but have been bleaching my hair for years now. I want to go back to my natural color but don't want to have these roots with the growing out blonde. I read that dying bleached...

View more questions Search