Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srkkjk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 07:35 AM
    Goodman heater model GMT090-3B problem ignator staying on not droping out after burne
    Goodman heater model GMT090-3B problem ignator staying on not droping out after burner comes on. Have changed board ,checked polarity cleaned flame sensor. Any suggestions.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 25, 2010, 07:40 AM
    The igniter is controlled by the circuit board and the flame sensor sends a signal to the board after the flame is established so the igniter should be off after the furnace is running.

The only thing I could see it being is a bad board but that would be strange to have two boards doing the same thing especially if the one you purchased was a known new one. I am sure you checked all the wiring also since you seem to know how to change the board. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace won't ignite model GMT090-4 Goodman [ 10 Answers ]

As stated my gas furnace will not ignite. Looked on main board no blinking lights. Everything is connected pretty firm. I can hear it blowing from the induce blower but no igniting. I hear gas coming just won't ignite. I checked the ignitor, it has some white spark residues. Seems still good....

1991 Honda problem staying started [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem: 1991 Honda Accord starts when key is turn, but stalls just as quickly. After car has sat for a while, it will turn on and run. My friend is having the same problem with her 91 honda accord. Mine is a 5 speed, hers is an automatic. When this first starting happening, I had...

Have a 1999 Goodman GMT070-3B Heater and it hasn't been working prop Model GMT070-3B [ 0 Answers ]

Have a 1999 Goodman GMT070-3B Heater and it hasn't been working properly . After the initial start up of the heater the unit will ignite, once the blower engages the flame will go out and the blower will continue to run with no heat. I have replaced the Venter Pressure Switch which seemed to work...

I have a Goodman heater model #PGB030050-1 I turned on the thermostat to run (90)an [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Goodman heater model #PGB030050-1 I turned on the thermostat to run (90)and the heater made a snapping noise as if the igniter was trying to spark (did not see a spark). The burners are not red or flamed. The igniter did not fire up the burner. When I feel that the unit is trying to purge...

Where is the ignator located for a house heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a comfort maker air conditioner heater system and I need to replace the ignator where is thisl located?

View more questions Search