Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmhayworth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 11:58 AM
    My husband and I have been trying to conceive for three years
    My husbanc and I have been trying to conceive for the past three years and have not had any luck. We both want to know if we are fertile to have children and having them would complete our family. We don't have any insurance at the moment but we are deseperate for anything.
    Kadehadaire Posts: 197, Reputation: 10

Jan 12, 2010, 08:15 AM

I'm sorry that you have had such lard luck, and also that no-one has replied yet.

Don't lose heart, sometimes these things take time. If you don't mind my asking, how are you managing the times that you try? At what time of the month do you and your husband attempt to get pregnant? Do you use a basal thermometer?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 12, 2010, 08:29 AM
    I apologize for not answering any sooner, however I was at work until 8am this morning.

I have known people to be trying for a baby for 7 years or more before conceiving.

However, you both need to see your doctor for a prenatal exam. You need to find out if you are ovulating or if there are other problems, as well, your husband needs to have his sperm count checked.

Do either of you drink or smoke? Are your periods regular? Have you ever used birth control? If so, what kind and for how long?

Also, if you don't have insurance now and you DO become pregnant, how will you afford the monthly doctor bills as well as the hospital bill, not to mention the high cost of taking an infant to the doctor very often during the first year ONLY for well baby check ups?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I saw my ex husband after 2 years. [ 7 Answers ]

Today I had court to sue my ex husband for half of the marital debt. Needless to say, I still have feelings for him, however, I did not do anything to let him know this. A little background - my ex left me 3 years ago - long story short, after ten years of marriage, I found out that he was...

I have been betrayed by my husband of 35 years [ 4 Answers ]

I need help I just want some closesurer what to do I have been hurting every day it's hurts even more. I have tried an still trying to forgive him but I will never forget. I just gave my opinion to someone else made me really think, am still not over it. I am trying to fix it and even live and...

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 4 months now. [ 2 Answers ]

I have read alsmost all articles and posts there are about ways to get pregnant faster and boost fertility. We have been having sex every day right after my period and I lie down all night after the sex. Right before he cums I lie down with my legs up towards my chest for about 15-30 minutes. But...

Husband 17 years [ 1 Answers ]

My husband of 17 years and 5 children had an affair for 3 years not ongoing. I want to know how to get over the affair itself but mostly the wanting of another woman. He says he loves and doesn't want to lose me hard to believe. We are seeing a counselor I just have huge doubts. He wanted...

View more questions Search