Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2009, 07:20 AM

What you should do is make up a hypothetical couple, and make this couple(maybe someone you work with's friend) have the same situation. Let your boyfriend know, in no uncertain terms, that YOU feel that this behavior is indeed cheating, and that YOU would not allow it. That way, you put the bug in his ear, without spilling the beans about your snooping.

I know that you don't want to leave this guy, but he is cheating on you all the same. And it's a matter of time until he cheats in the flesh. If he hasn't already.

You say the "sex is great". How do you know that he ISN'T thinking about these women while he is with YOU?

Most women would have already left him by now.

This is indeed addictive behavior.

Go find you a man that doesn't turn you into some detective, and give you a complex.

This is not how considerate people, in loving realtionships, act.

He is living a big ole cheatin' lie.

The world is full of guys that know how to treat a woman. Go find you one.

Good luck to you.
    simplepine Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2010, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Let him know you were wrong to snoop---but are glad you did.

He is cheating on you, even if it's not physical.

Ask him to leave, because you obviously can't trust him.
    100% true
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 3, 2010, 07:40 PM

When is bad behaviour, simply bad behaviour. Why do we put legitimacy to it by calling it 'an addiction' or 'disease', or blame it on his mother hitting him with a cast iron frying pan when he was a kid.

It is what it is. How he can address his bad behaviour, is by being confronted about it, without any sugar coating. After you know the level of his honesty and the history and duration of same, only then can you afford the luxury of a diagnosis, through a qualified professional.

What he has done to you, and your relationship with him, is set it on fire and burned his fidelity, loyalty, honesty, scruples, integrity, morals, and compassion.

What is wrong with this situation, that you would accept this behaviour, and wonder about how to broach the subject with him, even with all the proof you have!

He isn't sick by any stretch of the imagination, unless a Psychiatrist says he is with a diagnosis, and treatment, which of course, doesn't mean squat if he's not either capable, or willing, to make major changes to his very character.

You have email, photos, messages. Print them out, slap them on the kitchen table and tell him to start talking, or start walking.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2010, 09:03 PM
    I'm with Jake - why all this pussyfooting around?

Tell him what you know, show him the evidence and tell him he's a jerk. Then ask him what he wants to do about it - or, better still, tell him what you want him to do about it.

You have a clear choice about what sort of action to take - why are you letting this guy get away with behaving like a creep?

If you can't honestly talk to your partner about what he is doing, then I question your integrity in the relationship. Why do you stay in it and stay quiet about this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sexting: is it cheating? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I've been kind of flirting with this girl at college, (not my girlfriend of more than a year) and its all in good fun. I would never go through with anything, but I'm a flirtatious person and I was wondering if 'sexting', which would be a harsh generalization of our conversations...

Sexting and Registered sex offenders [ 9 Answers ]

I just saw a report on the news about 'Sexting' where young teenagers are sending each other explicit messages and photos through text messages. I searched this site and found that there is no much info about it... There is a young man in America that was caught sexting his girlfriend and has...

Wife sexting [ 61 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I'm the tough guy who doesn't cry, at all and I've been hurt really really bad. I caught my wife having sex via texting for over 30 days every day with a social friend of ours. She claims they never met and never had actual sex. They also shared pictures with each other and you...

View more questions Search