Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BedHeadRed Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 07:36 PM
    Need info about 1978 Mercedes 300D!
    I want to buy one off craigslist but I know nothing about the car.

My mother told me that it's a bad idea because parts would be expensive.

Is this really true?
    And (besides millage) what should I ask about?

It can also run on veggie oil...

I just don't know where to start from...
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2009, 07:49 PM

Mercedes parts are very expensive. These cars also require a lot of periodic maintenance, per the Owner's Manual, which Mercedes assumes will be performed. If you are still interested, look at the maintenance log on the vehicle. Before buying, have a qualified diesel mechanic thoroughly check out the car. Focus on the engine and transmission.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mercedes Frustration [ 4 Answers ]

I bought (paid cash) a used 1994 C280 Mercedes and was told by the Mercedes dealership that the car was in perfect condition. I checked with Carfax and nothing was reported. I had bought two other cars from this same dealership and had build a good relationship with them (I thought). After a few...

BMW vs Mercedes [ 1 Answers ]

I used to think Mercedes were the best made consumer level vehicle on the market. And maybe they were. Now I am beginning to see newer BMWs outperforming and outdesigning them. What do you think about BMWs today vs Mercedes?

1978 kz650 [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I get done riding my 1978 kawasaki kz650 B2 it starts to leak fuel. It is not a constant pour, but about every thirty seconds it drains 2-3 ounces. Any ideas of what's wrong?

Mercedes E 430 Won't Start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 E 430 mercedes that won't start. Lt will continue to turn over, but no success in starting. I have a full tank of premium gas and all the lights are on when attempting to start . Help!:confused:

View more questions Search