Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrs gray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2006, 11:47 PM
    Puppy crying
    My 12 week old staff puppy crys when she can't see you and crys all night until I go downstairs and sleep with her what shall I do
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 1, 2006, 01:58 PM
    Have you tried putting a clock in with her? Wrap it up in a towel and place it where she sleeps, I have been told that this imitates the mothers heartbeat and can help soothe the pup.

I am not expert, but this is what I have heard people do.
    faith25 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2006, 12:43 PM
    Hi There,

I recently brought my puppy home and had the same problems... I found that the nature music or animal sounds helped a lot!

Faith
    fed up Posts: 91, Reputation: 6

Aug 10, 2006, 11:34 AM
    I listened to all the puppies that I brought home cry for 2 nights. The third night I said to heck with this and brought them into my bed. No more sleepless nights. I have owned dogs for 30 something years. All of them have shared my bed. Some will agree and most will not. Works for me.
    magicANN Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Aug 11, 2006, 10:08 PM
    My dog used to do that, she stopped after she got like 9 or 10 months old
    cheechthecheechy Posts: 41, Reputation: -1

Aug 12, 2006, 04:42 AM
    sorry, but what do you mean by crying, can I have more info?

does your crying mean weeping, and lots of like moaning sounds? Or is it just little drops of tears staining under the eyes?

my dog has tears staining under her eye, as if they are old tears that have dried. She not sad or anything. She just does it normally, its like not being toilet trainied, not much control =/.
    fed up Posts: 91, Reputation: 6

Aug 12, 2006, 06:50 AM
    Hi magicAnn. I couldn't have survived 9 or 10 months on the little sleep that any of my puppies would have given me. I guess it seems like the easy way out for some people. It just seemed to be the only solution that worked for me. Besides our Canadian winters are very cold. They have all kept me toasty warm.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Aug 12, 2006, 04:14 PM
    I know this is not for everyone but I am a big fan of sleeping with my dog. It goes to how dog behave as dogs... they live in a pack and sleep touching one another as a measure of security. It makes for a better bond and lets me establish "alpha" dog easier. That and the best therapy bar none that I have ever experienced is sleeping with my cold feet against her soft fur, mmmmmmm mmm.
    magicANN Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Aug 12, 2006, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fed up
    Hi magicAnn. I couldn't have survived 9 or 10 months on the little sleep that any of my puppies would have given me. I guess it seems like the easy way out for some people. It just seemed to be the only solution that worked for me. Besides our Canadian winters are very cold. They have all kept me toasty warm.

I just let my dog out to pee and it was cool after that.
    faith25 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2006, 04:33 PM
    HEY,

Try changing the location of where your dog sleeps, you may be too far away from her.

Faith
    Trixiesperson Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 01:08 AM
    It was very hard for me to hear my puppy crying in the night when she was in her crate. We have had her for about 2 months now and she walks in to her crate all by herself, settles in and goes to sleep. Just make sure that it is a positive thing. Never use a crate as a punishment and never apologize with actions or tone for putting your puppy in the crate. It needs to feel like just another comfortable place to rest. This works especially well if they get up in the night and pee without your knowing it.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 7, 2008, 03:35 AM
    I also let my dog sleep with me, but I started with putting a really big comfy pillow right by the head of my bed, on the floor, and put a few treats on it to let her know this was her place to sleep. She got used to her pillow, and now climbs in with me for the first little while when we go to sleep, and then gets down and goes to her pillow and stays there the rest of the night.

Whether it's a crate, with a comfy blanket or pillow, or a doggie bed, just make sure it's a happy place, and not a place she goes to when she is being punished. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Babies crying [ 23 Answers ]

Well now that we're all back home and *somewhat* back to a normal routine, I'm starting to think again about the baby I will be having. I'm due in mid-June, right around Father's Day actually, haha. Anyway, I've been starting to ask (and receive) a lot of baby advice from family and friends. Most...

Crying new puppy [ 2 Answers ]

?? Brought 6 week old Australian shepard home today. Set her up in dog run with dog creat straw in bottom of crate. 13 week old great pyr. With her. She ate drank pooed and peeed. Left her for the night crying crying what to do she is upsetting 13 week old rosie. Oh she has fluffy bear toy. Please...

Crying after orgasm [ 5 Answers ]

Is it normal after a big orgasm to cry?

Pregnant Dog crying [ 2 Answers ]

Our dog is pregnant. We breed her on April 8th and now all of a sudden last night she was real uncomfortable and crying. If we talked with her or petted her she was fine. Tonight she started the same. She is eating fine. Isn't it a little early? Do you think the pups are just moving around and she...

Crying Heart That No One Can See [ 13 Answers ]

Please EVERYONE Please HELP ME I Love a Girl and she used 2 like me 2, but then I don't know but suddenly everything is changing, I'm not sure mayb its my thoughts but what I need help is.. How can I impress her How can I create a place in her heart How can I show her that I love her a lot...

View more questions Search