Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Jul 25, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Thanks my friend!! Too bad no matter how many posts I write, my number of posts never changes.. I don't get it.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shatteredsoul
    Thanks my friend!!! Too bad no matter how many posts I write, my number of posts never changes.. I don't get it.
    Thank you so much. I only jump in the conversation very rarely but there was another christian there which I felt was trying to force the beliefs on somebody else. I did not take part in it, but occasionally, I was brought into the discussion but I was not comfortable with the way this other Christian handled the situation.

I have a completely different approach and I do not force anything on anybody, and I can show respect to somebody who does not have the same beliefs. It is also the respect goes both ways.

There are certain topics and situations I feel really strong about and I stand up for what I believe. I do not quote scripture, but many times I give examples and tell stories. If asked. I think that too many Christians are so forceful that they actually push people farther away from God. Then there are other people that purposely pushes other peoples buttons just to get a reaction. There are so many different scenarios. All I know is that the discussions that this Christian and non believer was getting too argumentive and to I am right and your wrong, but as I said they both got tired of hitting the wall on the subject they both gave up on it.

It was just draining hearing the conversation but all people involved, including me occasionally new the approach was way off, and this other Christian realized it too.

Thank you for all your posts by the way.

Joe
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 26, 2008, 02:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shatteredsoul
    Many people are uncomfortable with things that don't make sense to them.
    I do not think that is the real reason. It is more that the object for many religious activists is to influence others into line with their own religious thinking, their own religious ideas.

I am a Secular Humanist, and my wife is a strict Christian. But we do not pressure each other in religious views. I am completely comfortable with her Christianity, and she is completely comfortable with my Secular Humanism.
    It is not that we do not speak about our different ideas, but there is no pressure going out from that.

When the Jehovah's are at my doorstep, I do not throw the door closed, but I always wish them a nice day and good responses elsewhere.

The reality is often : if you are intolerant to other people's ideas, you expect other people also to be as intolerant... And you are uncomfortable with THAT !

:rolleyes:

·
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 3, 2008, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    At my work place there are certain individuals including myself that are discussion God and all aspects of God .....
    Have they perhaps started working there full time now?

:D

·
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cred
    Have they perhaps started working there full time now?
    I don't think so...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 3, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Post closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

First discussion about mentration [ 8 Answers ]

How do I tell my 9 year old about menstration?

View more questions Search