Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xbrokenboyx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 09:31 PM
    I can't get my Ex-girlfriend out of my head
    Over a year ago I started going out with my now ex. At first things were fine, we talked on the phone for a couple of hours and see each other on a regular basis. Eventually it came to a point where I can say I honestly fell in love with her. After knowing each other for a couple of years before hand and a year of relation ship, I gave her my first time. I was in a state where I would have been ready to commit to her. But at one point I just started needing my own space to be able to have friends, and she couldn't understand why. It was never really a problem, just that she had begun to keep my on the phone or with her longer and longer. I enjoyed it, but there's only so much time a person can stand to be on a phone :/

Long story short she came very close to cheating on me in the last month of our relationship, but I was too stupid to understand that it wasn't her fault, that this guy was trying to force her too after I went back and read some of the letters she sent me. I had told her that we had to call it quits for now. It tore me apart, but I thought it was necessary.

After more month of being separated from her all together she got involved with someone else. After a year of telling me how difficult it would be for her to continue another relationship if she broke up, I felt wronged, lied to. And the worst part of the pain was I knew the guy.

I had pushed her out of my head until recently, when she called me up trying to find up if she could get some of the gifts she gave me back. I told her I didn't have them, I had gotten rid of them after we broke up. But this brought all my memories back, the ones I thought I pushed away forever. And now I just can't get her out of my head. I want to talk to her to find out everything. Everything I need to know, but I just don't know how much I want from the conversation and now I feel like I miss her to no ends and it's killing me.

What should I do..

Guess that sums it up in as short as possible
    confused1145 Posts: 176, Reputation: 17

May 25, 2008, 09:37 PM
    I can understand how you feel. Been there! If she has moved on with her life, maybe you should leave things the way they are. Be careful not to sit yourself up for another heartache. Try going out on a few dates to help get your mind off her.
    nickshehe Posts: 254, Reputation: 47

May 26, 2008, 05:25 AM
    You bailed on her - she moved on.. good for her.
    She was immature for requesting her gifts back - you let that get to you.
    She's made herself unavailable to you and it would make sense for you to want her now.. but when you had her - you didn't. She moved on - and so can you.
    You can't butt into her life now because its convenient for you - because that would be plain selfish.
    Go back to pushing her out of your head and move on. If you got back together it would only develop into a relationship rollercoaster where you're on and off all the time.
    Move on.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 26, 2008, 06:33 AM
    I had pushed her out of my head until recently, when she called me up trying to find up if she could get some of the gifts she gave me back. I told her I didn't have them, I had gotten rid of them after we broke up. But this brought all my memories back, the ones I thought I pushed away forever.
    Its not uncommon to have old memories and feeling stirred up, when exes contact us out of the blue. Recognise that's what it is, and start all over , and have no more contact. I think you have a little resentment, or anger at her for wanting her gifts returned after all this time. That was tacky, so just remember why you dumped her in the first place. Keep moving on, and be grateful she is not a part of your life any more.
    rosebud9159 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 06:25 PM
    I have an ex, and I love him.

It is QUITE possible she was asking for her things back because she wanted to talk to you. Tell her how you feel, she may feel the same. You're life will be O.K if you're rejected.
    kimsland Posts: 73, Reputation: 8

Dec 3, 2008, 06:41 PM
    Thanks rosebud9159
    Seeming the thread started Old May 25, 2008
    I'd say all's OK now !
    rosebud9159 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 07:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kimsland View Post
    Thanks rosebud9159
    Seeming the thread started Old May 25, 2008
    I'd say all's ok now !

LOL

Sorry I found this on Google and answered it without really looking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing head of household, 20 year old girlfriend as dependent. [ 20 Answers ]

I am doing taxes for a friend. Last year, he used H&R Block and filed as head of household. He claimed his 19 year old girlfriend as a dependent. I would have thought he would not be able to do that. Instead, I thought they would have to file separate raturns for each of them. She was in school...

Rain shower head & handheld shower head problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a shower with 2 pipes for showers heads (one on the wall in front, and one on a side wall). The wall in front has a rain shower head on it. The wall to the side has a hand held shower head attached. The pipe with the hand held shower attached has a push button valve to turn the handheld on...

What is my girlfriend/ex girlfriend thinking? Will she realize what she's lost? [ 44 Answers ]

All right, before I start let me just say that I have been dating this girl for 3 years, ever since we graduated from high school. Background info: We met in high school, I really never knew her up until my senior year. We're both the same age and she sat beside me in class because she taught I...

Shower head leaking from bottom of head [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a new hand held shower head and I put a washer into the wall part and stopped it from coming out of there but now the water sprays out of the bottom of the head instead of coming out of the actual head

View more questions Search