Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lo02 Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 06:20 PM
    step "mothers"
    why do all step mothers feel the need to be apart of something. If a father and daughter and together we don't want you there if we wanted you there we would have asked to come.

you're a nobody to us kids you're the person who fills in for absent other than an occasional ride to school or something small you really have no purpose.

my question is this.

why do stepmothers/dad's girlfriend/ect feel the need to whine and complain and feel apart of the equation and have to get mad over the smallest thing?
    honestly no one cares how you feel your not out problem get out of our lives.

why do THEY feel the need to be apart of something and have an opinion and no one can care less?

I can't speak for everyone but who agrees?

or has an opinion
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 06:37 PM
    Sorry no, a step mom is yours dad new husband. She is part of your dad's new family and your dad would not be doing his duty and responsibly to his wife. There are times that your dad can and should plan some father daughter events, but most things would and should include the new step parent.

It appears the issue is with the step daughter who is unwilling to accept that her father has a new partner in his life and she deserves his time and love also

Apr 24, 2008, 06:42 PM
    She is a nobody.
    This chick isn't new.
    She has been around all my life since I was 3

And I'm 15
    And ever since I met her I have hated her

When I met her I put gum in her hair.

She wretched
    She needs to bounce out stat.

If she wants to be included she needs to find a guy without a kid or someone who's kid is willing to deal with her.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 08:00 PM
    It is unfortunate your father hasn't managed to teach you more graciousness.

Although it is understandable that you don't like your stepmother, you apparently feel your dislike is correct and I am going to assume you are as impolite to her in person as you're being to her here in this discussion.

If you love someone, you learn to give them space to enjoy the things they love that you don't. This is what unconditional love is. It is the kind of love your father has for you.

You would do well to remember how much you love your father next time you start to blast away angrily at his life partner. That hurts him more deeply than you are allowing yourself to realize. If you love him, then you will try to tolerate her more. You will. That's what loving is.

You're father only owes you a safe upbringing, shelter, food and an eduction. The "happy home" part is as much your responsibility as it is his.

Now, having said that, of course it is OK to have occasional father/daughter outings, but you need to give up on the idea that MOST of them will be this private. Instead, enjoy the few you get and stop punishing the people you love because you don't like who they love.

The worst thing that could happen would be that you successfully transfer your hate into their relationship. Is this what you really want? A miserably unhappy father?

Graciousness will not only help you in this situation, it will work in YOUR favor in ways you can't see yet. Good luck.
    Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Well personally too bad your dad did not put you over his knee when you were 3 or 4 for being so disrespectful to her.

You show no respect for the women your dad married and if you lived with them while growing up, should be as a mother to you.

If you were raised by your mother, it is obvoius she has taught you to hate this women for most likely no good reason.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Apr 24, 2008, 08:34 PM
    I've been through this a couple times with a few step-parents.

She isn't your mom, you know it, she knows it, and your dad knows it. Hopefully she isn't trying to force you to see her that way.

But she is an adult, and you need to respect her. Putting gum in someone's hair is ridiculous, especially for a 15 year old.

Pretty much, you're being a selfish brat. Your dad might have found someone that makes him happy, but do you care about that? No!

If you have a problem with the way she treats you then talk to your dad about it.

I LOVE my dad's girlfriend. I might not call her mom, but she makes my dad the happiest he's been for a long time. Really, she's made us all happier.

Apr 25, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Don't call me a brat.
    Are you in my life no your not I didn't ask for your opinion on me I asked for the opinion on the situation

And no they are not married they are dating.
    Since I was 3

And I don't care about your relationship your no important either
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Apr 25, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Well in this situation, my opinion is, that you are being a brat.

Well... you got what you asked for, my opinion.
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 05:54 PM
    We are telling you what the problem is, it is YOU, sorry but you need to correct your behavior and your outlook and try to let her be part of your family also.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo02
    she is a nobody.
    this chick isnt new.
    she has been around all my life since i was 3

and im 15
    and ever since i met her i have hated her

when i met her i put gum in her hair.

she wretched
    she needs to bounce out stat.

if she wants to be included she needs to find a guy without a kid or someone whos kid is willing to deal with her.
    You sound like a spoiled rotten brat and your father should take you over his knee. She's been in your life for 12 years now... Get over yourself. Sounds to me like you are the one who needs "bounced out stat."
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Yes, I can only image her dad and step mom just waiting for the day she will be gone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"what's the big deal?" about using the words "pimped out" in reference to Chelsea? [ 11 Answers ]

Some people don’t seem to think it is a big deal. Clinton Calls Shuster Comment Part of 'Troubling Pattern' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

My step-daughter has bowel movement "accidents" [ 13 Answers ]

My step-daughter, age 12, has had a problem with going to the bathroom in her underwear for about 5 years. Her dad and I married in 2004 and she lives with us 50 percent of the time. She claims it is an "accident" but I know it is not an accident. My concern is I feel it is psychological. My...

View more questions Search